auto move ?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Has anyone been able to get auto_move to work properly? I'm sure i'm doing something wrong....either that or it just doesn't work on freebsd.

I'm looking to move torrents as soon as they are finished DOWNLOADING and then to seed from the new location. The reason i want to do this is so i can set up rsync to download files from one seedbox to my house automatically. I've tried using a general rule in .rtorrent.rc but it didn't work with the rutorrent rss torrents for some reason.

jith45

May 25, 2018
I can normally figure out how to get plugins to work but i'm having a very REAL issue getting autotools to work. The labeling feature is fine but does anyone have a guide for getting the automove part working?

Maybe i'm missunderstanding how to make it work.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
So if you add a torrent via rutorrent directly or via the rss-plugin rtorrent behaves differently? Meaning although everything goes into the same watch folder they don't seem to be handled by the same rules?

Can you give some info where the torrents are placed and stuff from your .rtorrent.rc config?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
i want to use the auto-tools plugin and have it work with rss.

All i really want is to have complete (finished downloading but still seeding) torrents moved to a different directory.

I'm using rtorrent-devel which HAS auto-move rules for .rtorrent.rc but they don't work with the rss plugin. I've tried using the auto-tools plugin and it doesnt' work with my setup either. I'm sure i'm doing something wrong because the how-to on the wiki is basically translated russian...

Either that or it simply doesn't work with the rss plugin.

The reason i want this is because i have a few seedboxes and with this type of system i'll be able to use rsync or scp to automatically move torrents from one box to another. This would be great but you don't want to do this with incomplete downloads.

I'm fairly sure i could make this work with a watch directory and some .rtorrent.rc rules but again, i'd like to get it working with the RUTORRENT plugins.