[BOUNTY][COMPLETED] Create symlink from drop down menu

peshua19

May 25, 2018
I don't necessarily need a plugin, maybe just a hack, I can't see it being too difficult..

I use multiple watch directories with multiple directories the completed torrents end up at.

/downloading - temporary downloading dir
/drop.seed - a watch directory
/drop.user1 - another watch directory
/seed.complete - A directory torrents get moved to after watching drop.seed
/user1.complete - Another directory torrents get moved to after watching drop.user1, this dir is rsync'd

My user1.complete directory is rsync'd. That's great, however sometimes there are torrents in seed.complete I want, but don't want to rsync that directory as it has torrents I don't want.

So what I'm looking for is the ability to right click the torrent, and 'Mark for Rsync' essentially creating a symlink in /user1.complete so my rsync picks it up on its next cron.

Bounty: $20

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Unpack to plugins directory.

1) Don't forget to correct path to destination directory in plugin's conf.php
2) This directory must exist and it must be accessible by rtorrent user.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Is it possible for you to examplify the script to support multiple menu items

We are trying to accomplish

'Mark for user1 rsync'
'Mark for user2 rsync'

Initially we copied the plugin to another name, and tried to run both plugins with a couple unique vars.
(We changed all instances of $destPathForLink on the first copy to $destPathForLink1 on the second copy, but were unable to do so..)
If it's too much time, it's ok, we'll figure it out, it will just take us much longer.

---

<edit>
I believe I've fixed by making the markforrsync function in the second script unique

randac56

May 25, 2018
I know this is an old threat... is it possible to change instead of making symlinks to make hardlinks?