BOUNTY: irc auto downloader

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
This is a bounty for an irc auto downloader.

I hope more people will add to this bounty, because it will not be easy, i will pledge 40 dollars, but i imagine this wil be a difficult thing to code, so it will take more people pledging money to make it happen. So if this is something you want/need, then throw some money in the pot.

Basically, this plugin should use some irc bot (maybe irssi http://www.irssi.org/ ) to look for torrents being announced, then download them based on filters similar to the rss plugin.

It should have a method for working on multiple sites and be extended to work with them.

The main thing is, it should be easy to add multiple sites, even if they use slightly different announce bots.

This isn't going to be easy to do, i'm sure, but if we can get the bounty high enough, i'm sure someone will start making it happen.

The main reason i'd like to see this is, often this is a faster way to be one of the "first seeders" because you start downloading as soon as the anouncement is made.

jith45

May 25, 2018
the new whatAuto will by written in python so it wont be limited to use on irssi smiley.gif

it should be released in the next week or so

das329717

May 25, 2018
well whoever wrote it can apply for the bounty. To win though it needs to be in plugin format for rutorrent.

jith45

May 25, 2018
well, the way i invision this working is like this:

It would be a plugin which had a menu similar to the rss menu.

instead of "feeds" you'd have "servers"

you'd add these servers, and set the credentials.

Then you'd have your filters which would work similar to rss filters. The entiire irc backend should be transparent to the user. (it might only work for one or two sites at first and might require some sort of "extension" file for each site.

I imagine the first version of this would be very simple and probably not have many sites (or maybe just one) but it should provide the framework for adding new servers.

This is why it is a bounty, i hope others will pledge some too.....

das329717

May 25, 2018
I'll contribute $40 to whoever can do the following:

• Make the IRC auto downloader in rutorrent plugin format
  • Have all definable options in the options WebUI (This includes servers, usernames, passwords etc)
  • Pre-compiled templates for at least as many sites as the what-auto script
  • GUI regex builder for filters! (Must be capable of TV shows, Movies, Music etc)

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I'll contribute $40 to whoever can do the following:

• Make the IRC auto downloader in rutorrent plugin format
  • Have all definable options in the options WebUI (This includes servers, usernames, passwords etc)
  • Pre-compiled templates for at least as many sites as the what-auto script
  • GUI regex builder for filters! (Must be capable of TV shows, Movies, Music etc)
i think you should drop the last one. While it might be nice for some people most regex builders end up causing more problems than they help.

don't take this as me not being appreciative for the bounty support =)

I just think we need to think more in terms of version 1.0 and not version 3.0

somus1735

May 25, 2018
i think you should drop the last one. While it might be nice for some people most regex builders end up causing more problems than they help.

don't take this as me not being appreciative for the bounty support =)

I just think we need to think more in terms of version 1.0 and not version 3.0
Nope this is a big issue for me, I can never get regex to work right undecided.gif

Just needs to be something like:

[TVSHOW]
Name=Lost
Season=6
Episode=*
Source=HDTV
Quality=720p
Codec=x264
Container=mkv
Group=*
[/TVSHOW]

[MOVIE]
Name=Avatar
Year=2009
Source=BluRay
Quality=1080
Codec=x264
Container=mkv
Group*
[/MOVIE]

jith45

May 25, 2018
i can help you with regex, those auto regex things honestly make things much worse. I think it would be a major mistake to make it the way you envision it.

It should stay in line with the current rss plugin.

now, on the other hand, i would be GLAD to help you with regex.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Nope this is a big issue for me, I can never get regex to work right undecided.gif

Just needs to be something like:

[TVSHOW]
Name=Lost
Season=6
Episode=*
Source=HDTV
Quality=720p
Codec=x264
Container=mkv
Group=*
[/TVSHOW]

[MOVIE]
Name=Avatar
Year=2009
Source=BluRay
Quality=1080
Codec=x264
Container=mkv
Group*
[/MOVIE]
so, for your examples, if you really want something that specific, it's not hard.
all you need to remember is this:
a period = any character
a ? = anything before it 0 or 1 times
a * = anything before it 0 or n times

and so on....with just THAT much, you can make the filters you are asking for.

for instance, your lost filter would work fine with just

Lost.S06E.*720p.*

(or for the current rss plugin you'd enclose it in / /i tags these mean case insensitive....if you want case sensitive i think it is / /u)

so this makes the filter
/Lost.S06E.*720p.*/i

now, lets 2 more things you can learn to help.
a ^ means begining so you could add that to your filter to keep from getting Land of the Lost...like this:

/^Lost.S06E.*720p.*/i

now, lets say you want to get season 5 as well, you could do this:

/^Lost.S0[5-6]E.*720p.*/i

see, it's not hard.

The problem with your method is it is this:

one, it doesn't fit within the scope of what we currently have....it doesn't make sense to do this unless you also do this to the rss plugin....in which case, it isn't good for the people who DO use regex (regex is more powerful)

and two, it would require very redundant coding....for your example, you'd have to create multiple filters which would convert to regex later...this is more complex and will lead to unexpected results.... It makes much more sense to split your thing into 2 plugins....one which covers what we already talked about, an irc downloading (one that fits with the CURRENT system) and another which will augment the regex filter settings and dumb it down for people too lazy to learn regex (i'm not saying this isn't a good idea, i'm saying that it's much more difficult to get right, and deserves it's OWN bounty, or deserves to be a 2.0 feature, not a 1.0 featue)

edit:

Don't take what i'm saying wrong, you have a right to pledge/pay and ask for what you want. I just think it's more realistic to get the plugin working with regex first. The regex thing you talk about could be done as a stand alone plugin or even another program..

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Okay point taken grin.gif

I'm just going to offer $40 on top of the existing requirements posted by wonslung.

Brings total bounty to $80 any more contributors?

somus1735

May 25, 2018
also, i think the regex thing is a good idea too, and i would be willing to put a bounty on that as a plugin

jith45

May 25, 2018
that's all well and good but it's not exactly what this bounty is for.

It might be a good starting point though.