Creating an automated “torrentflow” with rutorrent/rtorrent

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Wanted to let everyone know I just finished up a new blog post discussing my findings/setup of a fully automated download of a torrent on a seedbox and transfer of that resulting torrent's data to a home server.

This is something I found I could do easily with autotools...however I wanted more control over the things that were running/checking via my own scripts and I really thought it would be cool if I could define by rutorrent label what gets transferred. Overall, this works really well and should hardly fail unless you have network/server/disk problems.

http://scriptthe.net/2013/07/27/creating-an-automated-torrentflow-with-rutorrentrtorrent/

I hope this benefits at least a few people...feel free to leave feedback/comments/better ways of doing this.

Keep in mind, this is a very simplistic way to do this hence I encourage other users who adopt this method to post how they have tuned or changed it!

-InAnimaTe

Note to mods and the like: not trying to get more visitors on my blog...I most certainly don't care...It's just easier for me to have everything in one place and craft articles/posts the way I want through the tools I have available to me on my blog.