Creating Plugins

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hi

I have a question if you guys don't mind,I was going through this here

http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/wiki/HowToCreatePlugin

& was really interested in doing something ,is there any specific tool that is used to write these plugins eg netbeans,eclipse etc

also can the plugin be checked directly if its working or not or do we have to put it in rutorrent and check

it ,some info on this would be really useful,also how do we run diagnostics/debug the plugin

how do u go around it like in normal programs you compile,run & check output but here i am clueless

making it run & see output.

Regards

simur612

May 25, 2018
Hi

I have a question if you guys don't mind,I was going through this here

http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/wiki/HowToCreatePlugin

& was really interested in doing something ,is there any specific tool that is used to write these plugins eg netbeans,eclipse etc
Use your favorite code editor.

also can the plugin be checked directly if its working or not or do we have to put it in rutorrent and check​

Most likely you will need to copy your files to the plugins directory.

it ,some info on this would be really useful,also how do we run diagnostics/debug the plugin​

FireFox has the Firebug plugin you can use to debug JS. Chrome has built-in support for JS debugging.

Read a few of the smaller plugins and you should be able to figure out how to write one.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
As brock mentioned have a look at a very basic plugin to see how the basics are done, and you can look at more complex plugins for the more complex functionalities. Just have a look at other plugins to see if they have functionalities you would like to use and how they are made. I presume you have already used google translate to understand the basic meaning of the files (or you can read russian).
Also, i noticed that Chrome doesn't report all JavaScript errors so Firefox would be best to use. Using the error console and the plugin Firebug should help you a lot with bugfixes etc.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
I have been going through the basic plugins ,trying to understand how its done,had to use google translate for the files (not russian here).
If you say chrome is buggy then i will stick with firebug smiley.gif