Default Columns

saroos1

May 25, 2018
I have been trying to figure this one out for quite a while. I would like to change which columns show up by default. That is, if RTorrent restarts, I don't want to have to tell rutorrent which columns to display. I would also like to change the default position. I figure there must be some file some where that contains this information, but I haven't been able to figure out where. Thank you in advance for the help.

simur612

May 25, 2018
Cant' understand, sorry. You need to change columns? Press RMB on the table header and select. You need to change column position? Press LMB on the table header, hold and move it.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Not sure how to explain this any more succinctly, but I will try.

I set my columns to the ones I want and in the order that I like. Now, everything looks nice and dandy. Now say my computer restarts or for some other reason rtorrent needs to restart, when I go to rutorrent the columns have all been reset to whatever the default columns are. I would like to change this default, so that I don't have to go through the process of reordering and removing columns each time rtorrent restarts.

simur612

May 25, 2018
This mean - you have an incorrect installation of ruTorrent. For example, web-user haven't write access to rutorrent/share directory. Or to one of it's subdirectory. Check web-server's errors log for details.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
What permissions am I suppose to have? Currently, it is set to 755. Obviously, I could set it to 777, but I don't like that idea.

simur612

May 25, 2018
What permissions am I suppose to have? Currently, it is set to 755. Obviously, I could set it to 777, but I don't like that idea.
Don't know. Webserver user and rtorrent user must have read/write/execute access to rutorrent/share directory and all it's subdirectories. And read/write access to all files inside its.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Well, this was apparently the same problem I was having with the remove function. I would remove a torrent and it would get removed from rtorrent but wouldn't get removed from rutorrent. Thank you for the help.