How to use rutorrent: Creating a new torrent (create plugin)

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
How to create a torrent:

First, click on the "Create" icon (it looks like a star)

This should open the "Create" window:

Next, add a file source (usually a directory, sometimes a single file) for your new torrent (you can use the _getdir plugin to browse to your source like you would on a normal computer)

Next, fill in the tracker you wish to upload the torrent to. (for public sites you may add more than one tracker)

The next few options are optional. Select a piece size:

or use the checkboxes for "Private Tracker" and "Start Seeding" (Private tracker should always be checked if it's for a private tracker, obviously, start seeding is used to immediately pass the new torrent file to rtorrent when it's done being created.)

Click "Create..." to start the create process. This will bring up the create console which shows the progress and status of the process, and displays any errors if they occur

When this is finished, you will have the option to download the newly created .torrent file which you can use to upload to whatever tracker you created the torrent for.

simur612

May 25, 2018
hi
one quick question,

some private tracker required us to include txt file like tracked_by_demonoid, how can i include this txt file together with the movie file when creating torrent?

in utorrent, i know it possible by using select source->directory.

is there similar function or work around using rutorrent

thanks

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Hi, I've installed the getdir and create plugin but I get the following error when using Create.

/var/www/users/plugins/create/inner.sh: line 15: php: command not found
Error.

this happens after I follow the instuctions above then hit "Create"
Throws the above error then it wont go any further than that.
Anyone else seen this?

EDIT: apt-get install php5-cli

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
use the folder as your source.

having the _getdir plugin helps navigate it better, but just putting the folder location in the path location should work.

simur612

May 25, 2018
Hello there,

I'm having a problem with creating a torrent. At start, when I click the star to start the wizzard, I get the screen I should, but when I click the icon to choose a file or a directory it's just blank, I can choose nothing. What do I do?

I'm using seedbox starter slice.

Thanks.

randac56

May 25, 2018
install _getdir
set the rutorrent/conf/config.php or rutorrent/conf/users/USERNAME/config.php with the proper $topdirectory setting.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
I'm also having troubles. When I click "Create" the the little loading thing just keeps going over and over and Console and Errors both say nothing. It's been "loading" for the past 5-10 minutes

simur612

May 25, 2018
Howdy, I'm a new guy here and I have a question.

I have a question about creating a .torrent with multiple trackers.

I know how to create .torrents with the Rutorrent Webui that have just one tracker, I can get that working fine.

However when I try to create a .torrent that has multiple trackers I have a problem.

This screenshot shows how I place trackers in the "Create New Torrent" window:

However when the .torrent creation process is complete and I have a look at the trackers, they are in a big long line like this:

hxxp://tracker.com/announce hxxp://tracker2.com/announce hxxp://tracker3.com/announce

I want the trackers to be under each other like this:

hxxp://tracker.com/announce
hxxp://tracker2.com/announce
hxxp://tracker3.com/announce

How do I fix this problem?

I would really appreciate help with this.

Thanks in advance.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Thanks for your help Novik.

I don't know which version of ruTorrent my seedbox is using.

The firefox tab header doesn't display the version number, it just has the name of the seedbox company.

The seedbox tech support has told me that they don't provide support for ruTorrent.

Do you know a keyboard shortcut or something which will display the version number because the "About..." Button doesn't show the version number.

I appreciate that you're taking the time to help me Novik.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
sounds like you need a new seedbox company.

Do they give you root access? if so install the latest version from svn.

randac56

May 25, 2018
I have SSH, SFTP, SCP, FTP access, but it doesn't mention anything about root access.

I have looked at the plugins tab and they are mostly version 3.10 with a few earlier versions (The create plugin is 3.10). Looks like they need an update.

I might ask the tech support to install the current version. I think it will cost me a few Euro but if it fixes the problem it will be worth it.

Thanks for your help wonslung and brock.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
it's pretty simple to install, brock even made a script for people who aren't as linux inclined

If you find you need help with a specific install issue please let us know.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I don't know which version of ruTorrent my seedbox is using.
The firefox tab header doesn't display the version number, it just has the name of the seedbox company.​
Try to open URL http://your_rutorrent_address/js/webui.js save resulting file and check its line number 9. Non-ascient versions of ruTorrent have at this line something like

version: "3.1"

The create plugin is 3.10​
This version really have such error, it was fixed in 3.2.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
I got a question.

All the torrents I create with rutorrent end up being corrupted. No error message is given during creation, but the .torrent won't add to any torrent client.