Please help with this

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hi, I have setup an installation on my personal computer and everything is working fine (using the sockets in rtorrent and the socket plugin)

Now when I try to install this on a dedicated server, I have some errors in the log that I didn't have before (undefined)

This is the exact same install (rtorrent, rutorrent) as my precedent install, which is very odd..
I didn't find where are the logs for rtorrent, maybe you can help me to trace this error ?

EDIT:
I know where the problem is, the are some old libraries of libtorrent floating around, which caused some plugin to malfunction.

But I still want to know if there is a way to debug the console if problems arrive in the future...
Thanks anyways wink.gif

jith45

May 25, 2018
This error pops up from time to time, it's NORMALLY due to an upgrade of rutorrent with old cached web data. There are exceptions though.

also, when you see that "undefined" you can normally figure it out by looking at your web client console.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
2vdreyfus - As already sayed above, you need to clear browser (or proxy, if you use it) cache. In FF and IE you can simple press Ctrl-F5.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
This error pops up from time to time, it's NORMALLY due to an upgrade of rutorrent with old cached web data. There are exceptions though.
also, when you see that "undefined" you can normally figure it out by looking at your web client console.​

What do you mean by web client console? the js console on firefox or the webserver log ? I don't see nothing related any in either place...

Also I have another question, the same console gives me (very rarely) this error:
XMLRPC Error: -501 - Unsupported target type found.

Once again if I could see where the error comes from it would be good..

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hi,

This errors occurs on another setup that I did. I tried my bet to find the problem without success.
When I load the browser, I have the "loading" screen loading for ever. When I check the apache logs I hace this error:

"POST /rutorrent/getsettings.php
[... images ...]
"OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 - "-" "Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_scgi/1.12 (internal dummy connection)"

It seem I have a problem with the scgi communication.

Here is the setup:

socket config in .rtorrent.rc and in config.php
libtorrent-0.12.5 / rtorrent-0.8.5, xmlrpc-c from sources, all other programs (as
libapache2-mod-scgi) from ubuntu packages.

Question: how can we trace back this problem ? is it dependencies ? or else ?
Thanks...

Edit:
the error console gives me this error:

syntax error
http://x.x.x.x/rutorrent/script.js
()

And then I click on the link that opens the js file:

, "addSettings" : function(_af)
{
var d = eval("(" + _af + ")"), v;
for(var i = 0, l = d.settings.length; i < l; i++)
{
v = d.settings[2];
if((v == "true") || (v == "auto") || (v == "on"))
{
v = "1";
}
if(v == "false")
{
v = "0";
}
this.settings[d.settings[0]] = {"t" : d.settings[1], "v" : v};
}
this.loadSettings();
}

It seems the problem is in the settings from the server. I tried to chmod 777 without success.

jith45

May 25, 2018
1) Write about errors to project issues sections.
2) Rename file rtorrent/settings/settings.txt to settings.err
3) Try to load WebUI
4) If OK - send to me file settings.err (or attach it to issue, or attach it here).