RSS Downloader plugin question

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Hi there, guys!
I am facing a problem...
Since yesterday I was having a lot of RSS feeds from ezrss, each one of them for a specific season (the current) of a specific TV show.
I had set then the RSS downloader to download them as soon as they appear. It worked flawlessly..
But since a while ago, ezrss is partially working, so 2/3 of my shows were not being downloaded, since the rss never appeared.
So, yesterday I thought about using piratebay's RSS feeds for eztv and vtv
Today, though, I realized that nothing is being downloaded, not automatically, nor when I right click-->load the specific episode.
I believe that this is happening because they are not torrent files, but magnet links..
Can I overcome this problem? Is there a way to do this, or it simply cannot be done?
Any help is appreciated!

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Oooops sorry! Forgot to mention about them.. embarrassed.gif
I am using rTorrent: 0.8.9/0.12.9
RuTorrent version 3.4 (also tried latest svn but same problem)
I also added a different feed which is using .torrents and not magnet links. This morning I saw that it worked as it should (I can't seem to find how to avoid duplicates, though - but that's minor)
So, in this feed (the one which uses torrents),to test it, I right-click a feed and starts to download normally
In the other feed ( the piratebay one which uses magnet) I right-click a feed and after a few seconds it changes to "Already Loaded", but never gets downloaded..

randac56

May 25, 2018
Don't know, sorry. I use rtorrent 0.9.2 and svn version of ruTorrent. And loading from these feeds is ok for me.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Then I guess it must be an rtorrent issue...
Nevermind... Since I am using other feeds now and work well, I have solved the issue..
Perhaps If everyone discards torrents and start using only magnet links I will have a problem again, but I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there...

randac56

May 25, 2018
Would it be possible to excluded duplicates via the rss downloader? Explaining:
I have two feeds, one from eztv and one from vtv
An example of the same file is the following:
Bones.S08E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 -->this one is eztv
Bones.S08E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.[VTV].mp4 -->VTV
They are the same exact file with the same size (I am not sure if they are always the same size, though, but in this case they are..)
The only difference is the addition of [VTV] in the vtv releases
If RSS downloader has already downloaded e.g. Bones.S08E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.[VTV].mp4, Is there an intelligent way to prevent it from also downloading Bones.S08E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 huh.gif

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Could you please explain what this does? I read from the wiki: Match Interval: This is the rate at which the filter will download new torrents (the default is always).
But I can't understand what this means.. undecided.gif
Currently I have it at default:(match always). What is the difference if I set it to (match only once), or "12 hours" huh.gif
Thanks Novik.. and sorry for so many questions embarrassed.gif

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Currently I have it at default:(match always). What is the difference if I set it to (match only once), or "12 hours" huh.gif
If filter has "Min interval"=12 hours then it will be turned off during 12 hours after the torrent catching.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Sorry... still can't understand for sure....
Let me write what I think you mean:
  • RSS downloader min interval is set to 12 hours
  • Bones.S08E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 is found and gets downloaded
  • For twelve hours, even if a new RSS appears which matches the same filter (/Bones.*/i) it won't get downloaded
Is this correct?
And if yes, then min interval disables the whole filter for 12 hours, or just the Bones.* subfilter?
I am asking because I have a filter with multiple entries e.g.
Code:
/Alphas.*|The.Big.Bang.Theory.*|Boardwalk.Empire.*|Bones.*|Breaking.Bad.*/iIf Bones gets downloaded and filter will get deactivated for 12 hours, then if RSS field for Alphas, The big bang theory, Boardwalk empire and breaking bad appear after Bones rss, then they won't download which is not good. (But I guess to work around this I will have to simply enter one entry for each tv show)

P.S.: And what does (match only once) means? That for Bones.* it will only download one episode and then ignore all the rest in the same rss feed? (Not bad, either if that's what it means)

simur612

May 25, 2018
Is this correct?
Yes.

And if yes, then min interval disables the whole filter for 12 hours, or just the Bones.* subfilter?

Whole filter.
I am asking because I have a filter with multiple entries e.g.

Then this is a not your variant. Try to make 5 filters instead one, for example. E.q. first with /Alphas/i, next with /The.Big.Bang.Theory/i etc. One filter for one show. BTW, you don't need '.*' sequences in this case.

P.S.: And what does (match only once) means? That for Bones.* it will only download one episode and then ignore all the rest in the same rss feed? (Not bad, either if that's what it means)

This mean - filter will catch only one torrent at all. And after that it will be deactivated (you must press 'reset' button for activate it again).

saroos1

May 25, 2018
thank you very much for the clarifications!!!
Although I think that for 20 shows adding 20 different filters instead of one is not worth it. It is easier to simply delete the duplicates. Plus, using 12 hours in min interval will prevent it from downloading not only the duplicate, but also a .Proper release... huh.gif Anyways, I'll see what I will do..

One final question regarding filters
There are two shows:
CSI Las Vegas --> in torrents the files are like this: CSI.S12E01
CSI New York --> in torrents the files are like this: CSI.New.York.S08E01
If I only want the first one and add in filter /CSI.S.*/i (or /CSI.S/i as you said) it will download only CSI.S12E01, right?
And If I want both of them, entering two filters (/CSI.S/i and /CSI./i) is not needed.
I just need (/CSI./i), right?

randac56

May 25, 2018
I just need (/CSI./i), right?
Right. But one moment. Char 'dot' in regexp mean 'any char'. If you need dot as char you must use slash before it. E.q. /CSI\./
In common case. In your example, it has no value, of course.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
OK, something very strange happened yesterday afternoon...
I saw that for some reason a lot of episodes had started downloading and all of them were downloaded the past week.
In RSSDownloader I have it set to (match always).
But what I was doing, everyday, after the ones I needed had been downloaded, was to mark all other feeds as "loaded"
And I thought that this would be sufficient. For the past week I had no such problem.. Everyday only the episodes of that day were getting downloaded.
But, as I said, yesterday it decided to download all episodes matching with the filters again... huh.gif
In which circumstances could something like this happen?
rTorrent: 0.8.9/0.12.9
ruTorrent: Latest svn

randac56

May 25, 2018
Make sure your Min Interval rule in RSS Manager is set to (match always), not 1 week or other value.
Also some sites have had down time due the PRQ raid, make sure your trackers weren't one of them.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Make sure your Min Interval rule in RSS Manager is set to (match always), not 1 week or other value.
Yes, it is set to (Match always)
Also some sites have had down time due the PRQ raid, make sure your trackers weren't one of them.​

They are all common trackers, (e.g. also used by piratebay..)
Piratebay was indeed down yesterday.. Does this make a reset of the rss feeds somehow, which makes the feeds show as new???

saroos1

May 25, 2018
It happened again today...
I can't understand what is going on....
This morning I saw that it had (correctly) downloaded 4 new episodes..
I marked all feeds as loaded.
Half an hour ago when I checked, it was downloading 18 episodes huh.gif
The 4 from today and 14 other that were released in the past days...
wtf?