ruTorrent Relocate Plugin

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
This is a Relocate Plugin for ruTorrent

Features:

• Allow you to rename your files and keep seeding them.

It can be downloaded here: http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent-relocate/

Limitations:

• Only handle one file at a time
  • Many others...

Behavior:

Adds a Context Menu option on every file where we can choose the file name. This works creating symlinks between the original torrent file name and the current one.

Installation:

due to a *bug* on _getdir plugin we need to update the files. just copy the file inside _getdir and replace the original one

assuming you are inside relocate folder:

cp _getdir/getfiles.php ../_getdir/getfiles.php​

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Cool, but doesn't the "save to" option already allow you to do this?

edit:

oh, this lets you rename the files and keep seeding them as well? if so that's fairly kickass

randac56

May 25, 2018
1) Already fixed.
2) You must use standard php function 'escapeshellarg' instead your 'escape'. Because filename may contain chars like '&', '|', '>' etc.
3) You must include *all* language files into your package. If you doesn't know chinese language wink.gif - simple copy en.js to zh-cn.js. Otherwise your plugin will not work for chinese localization. Etc.
4) Can't understand - i must relocate file to already existing file only? (edit is readonly). And where i may to see a result of operation?

Attachments

saroos1

May 25, 2018
This plugin apparently is designed to allow you to rename the files after you doewnload them, then seed them with a different name. This is very useful for people who seed directly from their NAS or main storage.

Many people want to change the file name once they store it. Personally i don't ever change the filename, i just create a directory for the files and do my media scraping by directory name, either way, this will be hugely useful if it works.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hi,

I'm verry interrested in the plugin, i try it but i could not see the menu 'relocate' when i right click on a file.

Could you help me ?

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
hey everyone

sry for the delay dunno why but i got no notification :X

1) sweet!...i'll be honest: i lost like half a day debug my code till i open getfiles.php lol
2) i'll change ASAP
3) so i should simple dup the en.js to every other laguages?
4) imagine the following situation:

you download a TV Serie and save it at ~/downloads/TV/house.s07e17.real.proper.hdtv.xvid-bff.avi
you copy your file to you favorite location and rename it nice: ~/media/TV Series/House/Season 07/House S07E17 - Episode Title.avi
till now you have 2 options: or maintain the 2 versions so you can catalog and rename your downloads and keep seeding them or you stop seeding the file ate all.
now what i do is create a symlink between both files so you move and rename you Episode and then use Relocate Plugin which create a symlink:

ln -sf ~/media/TV Series/House/Season 07/House S07E17 - Episode Title.avi ~/downloads/TV/house.s07e17.real.proper.hdtv.xvid-bff.avi

doing this you will noticed that ~/downloads/TV/house.s07e17.real.proper.hdtv.xvid-bff.avi is deleted and a symlink is created with the original torrent name pointing to your Renamed File

man ln

PS: no one knows the uTorrent Relocate? is basically the same...