A bus error probably means you ran out of diskspace.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I'm getting the 'A bus error probably means you ran out of diskspace.' error, but I'm not low on disk space on any of my three drives. (108GB, 60GB, 70GB free respectively)

Anyone got any idea what the problem is? I can't even start the rtorrent process and then run rutorrent to quickly pause all my torrents, I'm getting 'Bad response from server: (504 [error,getplugins]) <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head><title>504 Gateway Timeout</title></head> <body><h1>504 Gateway Timeout</h1></body></html>'...

Thanks guys. smiley.gif

EDIT: Ubuntu Server (latest) cherokee and latest rutorrent, thanks!

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Is this a rtorrent or rutorrent error? Also, why would you wanna start rutorrent to quickly pause your torrents, by the time the webui has started rtorrent will already be running so if you wanna do it quickly its probably best to do it in rtorrent itself.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
This is an rtorrent error. I've reattached to the screen session and pasted it from there.

I'm not sure how to use rtorrent manually, but the thing is I don't even have any downloads in progress so is it really that I have no space left? I've tried freeing up another 20gigs from each drive but still, same error after a few minutes.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
if you just need to stop your torrents for a short periord the easiest thing to do would be to move your session directory.

something like:
Code:
mv .session .session.old
mkdir .session

then start rtorrent

of course it will start with no torrents running but it might give you an idea if perhaps this is an rtorrent issue and not a rutorrent issue.