Auto Ratio Group

simur612

May 25, 2018
I have a Firefox extension (automatic save folder) that I use to automatically download all torrent files to my watch directory (which also happens to be a webdav share, so I can access it remotely). What I'd like is the ability to automatically assign torrents a ratio group based on their tracker. Something along the lines of if it's tracker 123 or ABC set it to ratio group = ratio5, if it's an unknown tracker ratio group = ratio1.

This is super nice with the RSS feeds, it would be really nice to have it for manual downloads.

randac56

May 25, 2018
then why not use the built in rss tool instead? this will let you automatically set antyhing you want on a per filter basis.

simur612

May 25, 2018
There's no RSS feed involved here, that was just an example. I'd like something for my watch directory.

randac56

May 25, 2018
i hear ya.

Right now it is sort of outside the scope of how the ratio plugin works....

It mgith make a good bounty item...but almost all the functionality you want will work WITHOUT that.

Look into using auto-tools with RSS.....

simur612

May 25, 2018
What did you have in mind? I can't really see anyway auto-tools or the RSS tool are of any use here, hence the suggestion for new functionality.

Ultimately I want to to be able to drop random torrents in my *single* watch directory and then have something identify the tracker and automatically assign it some ratio group based off of that (or some other filter would be nice too).

randac56

May 25, 2018
yah, i hear ya....It sounds like something which could be extended via auto-tools auto-watch feature.

Personally, if you're going to "drop something into a watch directory" that's a manual job anyways, and you might as well just handle setting the option however you like (this is how it looks from a development standpoint anyways)

I agree that it might be a good feature but it's something which is really not needed by a majority of people. Most people who need automation are using RSS + auto-tools.

This is why i think it would make a good bounty item.

simur612

May 25, 2018
In my case it's not manual. I click on a torrent and it's automatically downloaded to my watch directory, other file types not. With my watch directory being a webdav share I can be anywhere with web access and it will work.

randac56

May 25, 2018
it's still manual.

you are manually clicking a torrent. Meaning you are AT the computer....it would literally take you almost no time to add the torrent normally.

I can dig why you'd want to have it set up the way you do, but your setup is a very strange one. My advice is to either code the changes you want or sponsor them with a bounty.

Otherwise, you will likely never see that change.