Auto Unpack Enhancement: Filters

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hello,

Thanks so much for your work on this awesome front end!

I've been looking for a solution to the following situation:

I'd like to auto-unrar only SOME files that are downloaded, but not all of them. I thought I'd have to write a script to work with rtorrent, but I see there is this new unpack plugin. Would it be possible to add some kind of filter for the plugin such that it will only unpack a torrent that contains a match?

Something simple like A.B.720|asd.fddd.HDTV|blahblahblah| and then only torrent files with those phrases would be unpacked.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
or it will unpack some specific labeled torrents, but it will need lots of work so i guess bounty is the only way to make this possible smiley.gif

saroos1

May 25, 2018
oooo, sounds like an EXCELENT idea for a bounty.

if you do make a bounty, i'll jump on and support it (with more cash to make it happen)

simur612

May 25, 2018
umm, a lot of work? bounty? money? support? lot of work? HUH? this is like 5 little lines of code.

Code:
Function IsInFilter( FilenameOfTorrent ) {

If ( regex(FilenameOfTorrent,^(Greys|Doctor|Gossip).*s*[0-9]+(e|x)[0-9]+.*720p.hdtv) )
Return True
Else
Return False
End if

End Function
Then of course, elsewhere:
Code:
If IsInFilter unpack, else, don't.

Now I haven't ever coded php, but I assume it has a built-in regex function, and an if statement, and functions or aliases or whatever. I put that better-than-pseudocode out in less than 2 minutes.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
well if you can do it yourself then by all means do it.

My points are still valid.

It DOES sound like an excelent idea for a bounty

If you made a bounty for it, i would support it by throwing in some cash to help see it happen, but if you don't want to do that, don't.

If you are capable of writing the module yourself, by all means, do it. We need more developers.

simur612

May 25, 2018
haha I totally misunderstood you. I thought by support you meant support the code, as in "maintain the code". My mistake!

randac56

May 25, 2018
so whats the plan ?, i m really intrested in this thing or maybe i can try to do it myself ( not sure cuz i m nooob )

is there anyone out there ready to help ?? or we have to go through other ways ?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
the plan?

The bottom line is if you want to see this, you have 3 options:

Open a bounty
Write it yourself
open a ticket and ask for it

The first option is the best.
The second option could be better if you are able to code well, but if not, then it might not be an option
the third option is hit or miss. I wouldn't count on it happening, but you can try.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Ok im offering a bounty

I want one of the following...

Either a filter or a label or a directory only to be unpacked. Either of these 3 matters to me

I have rss to go to a specific folder, i want it then unpacked where I have ftp to auto pick it up (*.avi)
The RSS has a label (RSS) and is placed into a /RSS directory so I dont mind how its implemented

Cost?