bad response

simur612

May 25, 2018
Not sure how many torrents i had going, but wasn't much. Maybe 300 or so and i got Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]). It wouldn't show any rT stats nothing. Once i deleted a bunch of them threw screen in rT. It went away and everything is normal. Is there something i can change to fix that from happening again? Cause on my last server i usually had about 500-1000 going on average. With no probs.......

randac56

May 25, 2018
One question,

Was that the whole error?

It suggests that rutorrent communication with rtorrent temporarily "disconnected"

rolleyes.gif

simur612

May 25, 2018
Yes that was the entire error and refresh did not help.I even went as far as rebooting the server. the only thing that fixed it was less torrents in rT

peshua19

May 25, 2018
huh.gif I don't think you needed to reboot your server, all you needed to do was to restart rT, if you thought that was the problem.

rT errors quite alot which is reflected in the log tab, HOWEVER you can usually ignore them as rT sorts them out quite well. Unless you can tell us more with regards to errors it is quite hard to sort out your problem...... wink.gif

simur612

May 25, 2018
Not much else to say, i tried refreshing ruT then restarted rT......same error. The only reason i tried rebooting my server. Was because i was out of options.......what else should i have tried? My question is the 500 server error (list) so that's it saying it won't show the list of torrents? Cause i have had 500 getdata errors and stuff like that. Is there any options in ruT for memory or open connections? Something that would max out with a few hundred torrents? This is my first time setting up rT/ruT without help. Not sure if there are some setting i missed..........

randac56

May 25, 2018
it sounds like your scgi link may be locking up.

does it work for a time, then stop working and wont' work again until you restart rtorrent?

simur612

May 25, 2018
Nope just that one time. No errors since, guess i'll just have to wait till i get a couple hundred going again..........see what happens

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
it sounds like your scgi link may be locking up.

does it work for a time, then stop working and wont' work again until you restart rtorrent?
I have exactly the same problem. Can you tell me how can I fix it?

I checked scgi links and everything but I cannot find the problem.

simur612

May 25, 2018
I am only up to 250 torrents now. So when i get back up to a normal number we'll see if it happens again........hopefully not :d