Bad .torrent files created if filesize is over 4GB - no errors while creating

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hello everybody, i will be very gratefull if some1 could help me with my problem. I took the liberty of copying this survey from issues, i hope i will not miss any vital information

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Download a .torrent with files larger than 4 GB
2. Try to create a .torrent with different tracker and the same files (directory)
3. Chceck filesize of files listed in .torrent files, they will be wrong ie: 4.6GB file listed as 430MB

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Correct filesize, i see it wrong, and after adding that file to the client it shows wrong filesize in file list

What environment are you using?
1. My ruTorrent version is 3.2
2. My rTorrent version is 0.8.6/0.12.6
3. I use dedicated server, Debian Linux 6.0 with Kernel Linux 2.6.34.6-xxxx-grs-ipv6-32 on i686
4. I use browser FF, IE, Chrome versions are newest on OS Win7/Winxp

Are some errors present in the web-server log?

There arer no errors in log

Are some errors present in the browser error console?

There are no errors

Please provide any additional information below.

File is created with no error whatsoever, i tried to create it using normal and SSL connection.

This is mine .rtorrent.rc:

Code:
scgi_port = 127.0.0.1:23876
encoding_list = UTF-8
umask = 022
port_range = 20667-20667
port_random = no
check_hash = no
directory = /home/gratak/Torki
session = /home/gratak/rtorrent/session
encryption = allow_incoming, try_outgoing, enable_retry
schedule = watch_directory,1,1,"load_start=/home/gratak/Nowe/*.torrent"
#schedule = untied_directory,5,5,"stop_untied=/home/gratak/rtorrent/watch/*.torrent"
enable_trackers = yes
#min_peers = 40
#max_peers = 100
#min_peers_seed = 10
#max_peers_seed = 50
#max_uploads = 15
#download_rate = 0
#upload_rate = 0
use_udp_trackers = yes
dht = auto
dht_port = 6881
peer_exchange = yes
#hash_read_ahead = 10
#hash_interval = 100
#hash_max_tries = 10
execute = {sh,-c,/usr/bin/php /var/rutorrent/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php gratak &

List of plugins i'm using:
28mlr3n.png

Thx for your time.

simur612

May 25, 2018
This could be a PHP error. You're using 32-bit PHP and it's possible that it's only using 32-bit numbers. If you check the actual file sizes on your server, they should be correct. rtorrent should handle files > 4GB.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Damm that can be a problem. But is there any workaround else than reinstalling the server? Files are ok on disk, but when i create a new .torrent using those files it has bad filesize in it. So i cannot upload it to torrent site as ppl will not be able to download it (hash is wrong).

In other words i'm able to download such files, but if i want to upload them to other site i need to use some sort of packing program to make them smaller in parts..

Thx for your answer.

randac56

May 25, 2018
chtor -pA --bump-date --comment='XAnnounce was here!' -o /tmp --reannounce-all=http://other.tracker/... -H path_to_data_dir any_existing.torrent

Takes under 100 milliseconds, doesn't rehash, always works (changes the info hash). Also adds fast-resume info, so you can also avoid rehashing the x-seed when loading it into rTorrent. mktorrent, go home!

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Try to configure plugin 'create' properly. Read the projects wiki and set path to external app in the plugin's conf.php.