Brainstorm: FTP plugin

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
greetings

i've been thinking in the past few days about building a plugin to send some files over FTP inside ruTorrent.

currently i rent a 1 gbps seedbox and send the files i want to my home Synology NAS with a PERL script using rsync...problem is i have to type (copy paste) the file/folder names i want to transfer and thats just boring.

i don't want to use some FTP client because that would force me to have a 3rd computer connected during the transfer and thats just stupid...

so i've remember it would be nice to have a "Send To" -> "My FTP Server" option inside ruTorrent that would transfer those files over FTP to my home NAS...

probably i would use PHP code to call some PERL script and use NET::FTP to transfer the files...

i'm looking for opinions on if this can be achieved or not and definitely some help too...ty

saroos1

May 25, 2018
I dont know much about the ruTorrent (the coding) and i m not much of an big programer my self (ocasionally i make small scripts) but i use an small android client to see my torrent's and manage them on my droid tablet and phone its called transdroid. Mainly he uses the RPC2 mount do perform actions like upload an torrent, stop/start/pause torrent so on ... maybe you can write an script that access this mount check if the torrent is stopped and start uploading it to ur nas.

Other way arround it, you probably can use the rtorrent config file to perform an action like this:

1.Server Side
-> When the torrent is 100% and seeded for like ...50% for example stop torrent and move to folder ready2upload;
-> Create an list of the files/folder's that are ready to be uploaded to an file accessed from your client;

2.client side
-> Get the the file with the names of the folders and files to be downloaded;
-> use the script you already have to download the files based on the text file;

I know i m not giving the ready to use solution but just leaving here my thought's