Compatibility with SVN versions of rtorrent

randac56

May 25, 2018
Isn't it already possible to provide compatibility of ruTorrent with the current SVN build of rtorrent?
r1170 is the latest release of rtorrent for more than a month now, so maybe XMLRPC API has finally become stable? As far as I understand from rtorrent ticket 2160, build 1168 had only one compatibility issue left with ratio commands, and in r1170 there were changes in those commands too (I don't know if they fixed the issue, though). Anything else making proper work of ruTorrent with r1170 impossible?

peshua19

May 25, 2018
1) Ratios still unfixed.
2) Some ather things are unfixed (addition of torrents, for example). I dont update ticket 2160 because rakshasa ignore my last additions to it.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Thanks for clarification. Unfortunately, rakshasa doesn't seem to be very interested in the feedback from community. As though he doesn't care at all about the popularity of rtorrent, which is greatly supported by frontend authors...

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Really, at this moment i don't need any changes or fixes from rakshasa. I need a *stable* version. Without any significult changes in API in each revision. After that i can write something like php wrappers - "if this is version below 0.9.0, then..." I can't do this with svn - it has version number = 0.8.6.

simur612

May 25, 2018
people have to understand, as a development project, it would be stupid for us to try to hit a moving target.

rutorrent should never be developed to work with an svn version. It should be developed to work on the latest stable version. Things change in svn all the time.

If you want to run svn rtorrent with rutorrent, then write your own patches.