[create] - Missing "select source" button!

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hi there! =)
Finaly I got rTorrent up & runnin on Suse11.1! It works loke a charme, but when it comes to create an own .torrent,
something ist gettin' really weird!

The PopupDialogue opens up, but there is no button to select the directory! ^^

Edit:
4 sure I'm still tryin to solve the problem and so i finaly got the "browse-directories-button" but whenever I click it,
the appearing pulldown is empty! ^^

THX for ur help! =)

saroos1

May 25, 2018
first of all, which version of rutorrent are you using?

second of all, did you install the _getdir plugin? if not then that's your problem

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
OpenSuSe 11.1
Apache 2
Plesk 9.5.2
rtorrent 0.8.6/0.12.6
tutorrent 3.1
(_getdir*, autotools**, chunks, cpuload, create, darkpal, data, diskspace, edit, erasedata, nso, ratio, retrackers**, rpc, scheduler**, search, seedingtime, source, tracklabels, traffic**)

rtorrent itself works, but I think that there might be a little problem with the directories and that could be the reason why "_getdir" doesn't work!

The directories:
rutorrent: /srv/www/vhosts/somedomain.net/subdomains/asubdomain/httpdocs/
downloads: /srv/torrent/user1/
downloads: /srv/torrent/user2/

The red marked directories could be the reason why there are some troubles! Maybe the depth of the rootDirectory (/srv/) or something!?
Anyway; Directory-permissions are set properly! I got an other php-filebrowser for testreason that works! ^^

*_getdir: as described above - empty pulldown
**: those plugins report that rTorrent's user can't access php interpreter.

Greetz from Vienna! =)

saroos1

May 25, 2018
what do you have set in your config.php as $topDirectory =

or rather....this is the setting which decides what your users see....if you have it set to something which doesn't exist or outside of the users download path, they will get nothing

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
THX for joining this wonslung! grin.gif
Well here's an excerpt of one of the configs:
$do_diagnostic = true;
$log_file = '/srv/www/vhosts/somedomain.net/subdomains/asubdomain/httpdocs/conf/users/<user 1>/rutorr_errors.log'; // log file
$saveUploadedTorrents = true;
$torrentDataDirectory = '/srv/torrent/<user 1>/'; // FX only on Plugins "nso"
$topDirectory = '/srv/'; // top shared dir
$forbidUserSettings = false;​

saroos1

May 25, 2018
is that exactly as it appears?

if so then it's likely wrong....just to test,. set it to this:

Code:
$topDirectory = '/';

and see if your problem goes away

if it does, then you know your path was wrong

also, your config seems to have something i've never seen....$torrentDataDirectory....

if you have a modified rutorrent then you need to talk to whoever modified it.....perhaps they broke it..

it might also be helpful to post the apache error logs.

what is plugin nso?

can you show me where you got it...can you link it to me.

if rutorrent can't access the php interpreter then you either don't have a valid php install or it's not in a path which makes sense to your install.

try setting it manually in your config.php

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I wouldn't say I've modified it!
I just coded a plugin and that need's the variable $torrentDataDirectory as the // comment beside it // says! kiss.gif
My variable doesn't affect rutorrent in any way! =)

Setting $topDirectory = '/'; doesn't change anything!

Edit:
pathToExternals = array(
"php" => '/usr/bin/php', // Something like /usr/bin/php. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"curl" => '/usr/bin/curl', // Something like /usr/bin/curl. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"gzip" => '/usr/bin/gzip', // Something like /usr/bin/gzip. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"id" => '/usr/bin/id', // Something like /usr/bin/id. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
);
$pathToPHP = "/usr/bin/php";

PHP is set up properly and the path is correct! ^^

saroos1

May 25, 2018
you've got a non-standard install.

i can't help you when you've modified rutorrent.

bottom line is if you install rutorrent svn correctly it works fine. your install is bad, or setup wrong

which version of php are you running, what is plugin nso? try deleting your install and installing a standard rutorrent.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
plugin nso is the connection between my userlogin (based on PHP) and the php processes that rutorrent starts! It justs sets some flags!
Sure I tried rutorrent as a standard install without "multiuser config" and without any plugin xept "rpc" and - what a surprize - it brings xactly the same errors!

Do u rly think I would annoy u and the others withselfmade problems!?

Edit:I'm runnin PHP5!
...and yes I've allready tried to change the Path to '/usr/bin/php5'...

Edit 2:
Meanwhile I found out why "_getdir" isn't workin propperly! The VAR $_REQUEST['dir'] passed to "getdirs.php" is empty!
How can that be!? ^^

saroos1

May 25, 2018
lol, what you just said makes no sense whatsoever

or it makes perfect sense but it's silly.

of COURSE you had the same problem if you ONLY had the rpc plugin

this function DOESNT WORK WITHOUT PLUGIN _getdir

what i'm telling you is, you've made a mistake somewhere.

i've tried to help you with some of the common issues but your problem is likely due to poor php configuration.

i'll ask you again:

which version of php are you running.

and i'll say again

TRY THE SVN VERSION SET UP THE PROPER WAY

if you need help setting it up properly, let me know.

delete your plugin and DO NOT USE IT UNTIL YOU HAVE EVERYTHING ELSE WORKING

this should be common sense. you may not think it's causing a problem, but it may be. also...I'll ask AGAIN

are there any errors in your webserver logs?

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
The error.log doesn't bring up any warnings or errors!

My plugin is deleted now.... Still i got an empty pulldown....

saroos1

May 25, 2018
the webserver error log, not the rutorrent error log.

anyways, you've done something wrong.

I've asked you several questions which have yet to receive answer. I can't help you if you don't answer me.

Why don't you show me a screenshot of what your problem is.

That is, after you finish answering my questions

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
The only answer you didn't get is a link to my plugin and u can be sure that I won't give it to anyone! cool.gif
-> No; It's actually not included in rutorrent!
When u ask me for my "webserver logs" and I answer "The error.log doesn't bring up any warnings or errors!" you can be sure I'm not talkin' about any other logfiles but the ones you've asked about!

saroos1

May 25, 2018
and i also asked you for the version of php.

If your not receiving any errors in your webserver log, then you either have it set up wrong or your error isn't real.

your problem is evident by the message on the screen.

php isn't working.

do you EVEN HAVE a command line version of php installed?

and for the forth time WHAT VERSION IS IT

the bottom line is:

you've set it up wrong:

either your system is set up incorrectly or your rutorrent is set up incorrectly or both.

when you have an empty pulldown it's because of one of two things, both of which i've told you.

you either have a path set outside your download path (which means it can't browse)
or your install is set up wrong. i'm willing to bet

you're missing a proper command line php
your using an old version of php
you've fucked up your rutorrent by modifying it
your php.ini has bad settings

or your system is magically broken for no reason. I've set up over 200 of these servers, i know what i'm talking about. I'm trying my best to help you but you're not making it easy.

If you want me to log on your system and fix it, let me know.

otherwise, you've got some work to do....it's not hard to set up correctly...i assure you, it works when it IS set up right.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
The one with the ability to read has the ability to press home an advantage!
If u want it some more detailed...: php5.2.13-0.1.1

A command line of PHP? I'm only using the command line! Otherwise I would use windows! *grin*

Anyway...
I deleted rutorrent, downloaded it again and passed the fresh & untouched files to the server's subdomain-dir again! Just to get rid of the charge I'd have a modified version...
The problem still is the same!

Maybe there is something messed up with users, groups and their authorization !?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
nah, it's not that.

your problem is due to either a bad php.ini or webserver setup, or permissions.

and php5 means shit.

lots of people have php5.1 which isn't compatiable with all plugins, you're ok if you have php 5.2

and just because you don't have a gui doesn't mean you have php-cli

learn your unix =)

typically there are:

php cli
php cgi
and mod php

apache uses mod_php generally, but can also use php-cgi (or fcgi) All other webservers generally use php-cgi

if you want me to log on and try to fix it send ssh details to [email protected]

otherwise wait for novik (who is on vacation)

have you tried a fresh install of the os yet? perhaps something is wrong with your os....again, i've told you what the problems probably are. I install at least 20-30 servers a WEEK so i've seem every possible mistake/bug

i've gone over all the common errors with you, but your issue is likely due to:

user error
php configuration
webserver configuration
stupid permissions
rutorrent configuration

i've already explained everything i can think to over a forum...from this point on you're going to need to give me access to the server or try to fix it yourself....i'm really sorry...but that's just how it is

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Well I think that this is the best way to show you wat's goin' on on my server! =)
I'll pass u the details next week! grin.gif

Thank you so far; And maybe we can leave this thread open and post the solvation for future-reasons... =)

saroos1

May 25, 2018
oh, no doubt. I never close threads unless they spiral into insults or just have no real place....any actual issue no matter how small gets left open.

I honestly think your issue is specific to your setup but until we figure it out for sure....we're left to guess.

Like i said, novik is on holiday right now, so we can wait for him to get back...he might know something i'm not thinking of (he most likely does)

or i could try to fix it for you by logging on and seeing what i can see...either way we WILL get it fixed.

If you can reinstall the os perhaps you will fix it yourslef....

anyways, let me know what i can do to help