discussion about further features

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hi folks,

recently I had some ideas, which other users also might find useful:

• Assuming, that everyone does have several hdds/partitions/folders, ordered by films, apps, games, etc. and furthermore they are using correlative groups like films, apps, games, etc. it would be great to have the possibility to define a standard directory for each group.
  • A dropdown menu to choose the group at the popup for adding torrents as the lbll-suite plugin offered. Unfortunately this plugin isn´t working anymore for several versions and before it was never working very reliable - at least on my machines.
  • Uploading several torrent files at once. In conjunction with the suggestions made before the returning popup for adding those torrents could be a list with one row for each torrent, giving you the opportunity to choose it´s group only.
  • If you have a lot of torrents in your seed and start with rtorrent/rutorrent on a fresh system it can take you a long time to add the correct path for each torrent. So I started to sort the torrentfiles at rutorrent/share/users/$user/torrents/ in subdirectories named like the corresponding groups. would be great to have this automated
I already thought about implementing those features by myself and tried to understand how rutorrent is working but as I do javascript casually only I see no chance for me to get this working. Thank you in advance for feedback.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Svn version already has support of this for modern browsers. You can select several torrents in open dialog (last versions of FF, Opera, Chrome) or drag several files from explorer to ruTorrent's torrents list (last versions of FF, Chrome with ruTorrent's plugin filedrop).
IE and Safari (i have 5.1 only) doesn't supported yet.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
nice to read, that one of my suggestions has already been implemented - hope, that the others will follow...