Documentation and proxies

jith45

May 25, 2018
I notice there is a serious lack of documentation surrounding the settings and some plugins, are there any plans to finish the documentation soon? specifically, i would like some information about the proxy settings and how it interacts with extsearch.

as far as i can tell there are 3 settings for the proxy. http_proxy, proxy_address and bind. i believe the http_proxy setting is used for announces, the proxy_address is for traffic and bind is used for changing your ip. are these assumptions correct?

i live in the UK and some of the new laws we have here enforce website blocking and i would like to use extsearch to bypass this limitation, allowing me to search public trackers from within the rutorrent gui and download without having to change my browser to support a proxy or find a mirror and using the official site, while keeping traffic and announces off the proxy. does extsearch have its own proxy setting?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I notice there is a serious lack of documentation surrounding the settings and some plugins, are there any plans to finish the documentation soon?
Russian version of wiki is complete. Ask wonslung about English version.

as far as i can tell there are 3 settings for the proxy. http_proxy, proxy_address and bind.
All these settings hasn't relation to the ruTorrent, its for *rtorrent*.

does extsearch have its own proxy setting?
No. In theory you may try to modify file extsearch/engines.php for setting constant proxy. Replace fragment

Code:
public function makeClient($url)
{
global $HTTPTimeoutPerSite;
$client = new Snoopy();
$client->read_timeout = $HTTPTimeoutPerSite;
$client->_fp_timeout = $HTTPTimeoutPerSite;
return($client);
}

to the

Code:
public function makeClient($url)
{
global $HTTPTimeoutPerSite;
$client = new Snoopy();
$client->read_timeout = $HTTPTimeoutPerSite;
$client->_fp_timeout = $HTTPTimeoutPerSite;
$client->proxy_host = "host of your proxy here";
$client->proxy_port = port of your proxy here;
return($client);
}

somus1735

May 25, 2018
nice. thanks for the quick response. would it also be similarly easy to modify the php script for the RSS plugin to provide proxy support?

jith45

May 25, 2018
Thank you again, for documentation purposes im posting the required modifications.

in rss/rss.php

Code:
static protected function fetchURL($url, $cookies = null, $headers = null )
{
$client = new Snoopy();
if(is_array($headers) && count($headers))
$client->rawheaders = $headers;
if(is_array($cookies) && count($cookies))
$client->cookies = $cookies;
@$client->fetchComplex($url);
return $client;
}

Code:
static protected function fetchURL($url, $cookies = null, $headers = null )
{
$client = new Snoopy();
if(is_array($headers) && count($headers))
$client->rawheaders = $headers;
if(is_array($cookies) && count($cookies))
$client->cookies = $cookies;
@$client->fetchComplex($url);
$client->proxy_host = "host of your proxy here";
$client->proxy_port = port of your proxy here;
return $client;
}

Lastly, what would happen if you tried to download a torrent from the rss/search?

jith45

May 25, 2018
any plans to upgrade from snoopy 1.0 to 1.2.4? it supports proxy authentication. i tried to just replace the current snoopy class file but everything just breaks.