Feature Suggestion/Request: "Last Active" Column, like in uTorrent

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
uTorrent has a Last Active column that lets users know how long it has been since each torrent has been accessed -- i.e., since the last time that torrent has successfully sent or received a chunk.

I typically have about 100-200 torrents running at any given time, and, when disk space is running low, I've found the Last Active column to be almost indispensable in helping to figure out which torrents to delete.

For instance, you might have a six-month old torrent that hasn't been accessed in four months, and a two-year old torrent that still gets accessed once every week or two. In that case, you'd want to get rid of the six-month old torrent instead of the two-year old torrent, but without the Last Active column there's really no good, consistent, way to find out that information.

That's why I think it's such an important feature, and why I'm submitting a suggestion/request for its implementation.

[Edited to Add: It's also exceptionally useful for the Last Active column to be sortable, in case that wasn't self-evident from the body of the post.]

Comments?

das329717

May 25, 2018
Can't be done without rtorrent code correction.
But you can use 'Ratio per day/week/month' columns for this purpose.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
http://wiki.rtorrent.org/Recipe/Keep%20track%20of%20when%20an%20item%20was%20last%20active

"last peer connection" is a little different from "last data transfer", but usually both things coincide. Also, the "Variation" is even closer to the notion of "data transferred"; and it puts less stress on the system ("active" is commonly shorter than "started").

BTW, to exactly delete the least-used non-smallish item older than 3 months, this can be used if you've installed my tools:

rtcontrol -sactive,loaded loaded=+3m size=+100m --cull -/1