GetDir not working

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi Guys, I need some help Please.

I've followed Subsy's Guide to install rtorrent and rutorrent on ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Everything is nice and smooth. Oh not everything, GetDir not working.

First there was no Browse button for Create torrent, so I installed _getdir. But now when I click it, it shows nothing.

My download directory is /home/downloads/user (as set in Subsy's Guide)
Topdirectory set to "/"
My permissions are working fine as I can download and remove torrents.

The only problem is when I create torrent, that Browse button shows nothing.

Please help me solve this problem.
Thank You.

das329717

May 25, 2018
It is in Subsy's rtorrent.rc file:
# Default directory to save the downloaded torrents.
directory = /home/downloads/<username>

And I didn't modifies config.php file so topdirectory is still "/" .

I tried putting some files in /home/user/downloads but still create browse shows nothing.

As u suggested, I tried putting /home/user/downloads/ under topdirectory .. but still the same!

jith45

May 25, 2018
I don't use his guide, there are probably a number of things you could have done wrong.

Do you have any errors in the webserver log?

Also could be a permission error. how do you know _getdir isn't working? when you click "add torrent" does it have this button:

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Make sure your permissions are ok. If ruTorrent and rtorrent don't have read permission to that dir, then it won't display it at all.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the help wonslung , I have the button but when I click it, it displays just a frame!!
I've chmoded 777 my entire directory ... I don't know what is wrong sad.gif

jith45

May 25, 2018
chances are you made a mistake durring the install. I do not know what you've done wrong. Try checking the instructions in the wiki, or check your error logs.

9/10 the issue you describe is due to permission problems or config issues in the rutorrent config.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the help wonslung , I have the button but when I click it, it displays just a frame!!
I've chmoded 777 my entire directory ... I don't know what is wrong sad.gif
Your entire directory isn't enough. Make sure the r+x bits are set on each and every parent directory.

chmod 0755 ~user
chmod 0755 ~user/dir1
chmod 0755 ~user/dir1/dir2