Help with using multiple folders and transfer to a new server

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

I need some help using multiple folders on my rutorrent/seedbox . I created a few sub-folders in the "rtorrent/data" folder in order to organise my numerous files.

My problem is the following : I am currently transferring/backing part of my files on a new server/seedbox. I wanted to somehow replicate the folders organisation (ie. "data/music/trackers/artists" , data/movie/trackers/actors …) . But when I try to add the .torrent for one of those transfered file it will logically start re-downloading it in the new server "rtorrent/data" rather then seeding it from the sub-folder.

From what I know I only have two options :

- start from scratch : after transferring all the files to the new "rtorrent/data" , move them once again to new folders ( there are an awfull lot of files and without etiquettes it is hard to identify some files destinations ) undecided.gif .

- “re-assign” each torrent one by one to their specific folder while adding the “.torrent”.

This leeds me to the following questions :

- Is there a way to keep the labels I had on my first seedbox, it would make it easier to move files by batch using those labels .

- Is there any way to transfer some sub-folders with their .torrents and start seeding right away ?

Thanks in advance for your help & advices.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Hi , thanks for your help.

EDIT : >> At the root of my 1st seedbox I have :

- media/sde1/home/mylogin/ private/rtorrent/ containing : data - watch & work .

>> On my second seedbox I have :

- at the root various folders : .irssi - data - session - Watch & www
with in the session folder various files such as .torrent. rtorrent etc …

Thanks again

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I think that the folder called "work" on seedbox 1 might be the equivalent of the session folder since it contain files such as .torrent.libtorrent_resume ...

Is it safe to add those files along the existing ones in the "session" folder of seedbox 2 or could it cause some issues ?
I fear there might be some "conflict" between the two batch of "session files". huh.gif

Thanks in advance .

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Hi,

One last question do you know if the the Labels will be transferred along or just the file paths ?

I checked with my seedbox provider and he was sceptical about the possibility to transfer efficiently a session folder from another seedbox. He told me I could give it a shot and just restart - wipe out the whole thing if it ended up being messy huh.gif

Thanks