How to right click and upload to rutorrent in Safari?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Hi,
New rtorrent and rutorrent user here. Coming from utorrent which now appears way less powerful than this.

I'd like to be able to right-click on a .torrent file in my browser, select an option, and have rutorrent or rtorrent automatically upload the .torrent URL.

Is there any extension or setting that will do this for Safari 5.1?

Thanks for the help.

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Hi, thanks for that info last month(!). So I'm trying to figure out a solution that is related to one of your posts: Using Dropbox as my Autotools watch directory in rutorrent as a way to cleanly get .torrent files to rtorrent.

Can you use a "www" directory, instead of an internal file server directory, to have AutoTools watch? Basically, I want to create a "shareable link" of a dropbox folder and have rutorrent watch it. But when I set the shareable link in AutoTools, nothing happens. It appears rutorrent can't read a http address in its AutoTools watch directory.

Any ideas on how to efficiently do this?

Thanks again...

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Not exactly the answer I was hoping for;). Seeing as I don't know anything about programming, coding, etc...

Maybe there are some fresh ideas on my original question:

Is there any way to use Safari in OSX to automatically upload .torrents to rutorrent?