Making "Completed" show directory contents

saroos1

May 25, 2018
Hi,

First of all, if this is in the wrong subforum, feel free to move.

So, the way I have my rtorrent setup, once a file is downloaded, it is moved to a separate directory and its .torrent file is erased. This means that that torrent doesn't show up in rtorrent anymore. When using rtorrent in a screen session, this is not a problem, since I can just check the contents of my "Completed" directory. However, this poses a problem when using ruTorrent, since I can't see if a torrent was completed or just deleted before its download was finished. Of course, I could ssh into my server and check the "Completed" directory, but that makes using ruTorrent kind of useless.

So, what I'm trying to do is: whenever I click on the "Completed" link in ruTorrent, the pane on the right should show the contents of my "Completed" directory. This doesn't need to be fancy at all, and I'm sure I can manage to create a php script to give me a file listing to parse with Javascript. My problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to create a new panel/page which I can then display when "Completed" is clicked. How do I override the default onClick action? Where do I create a new panel? I'm assuming this all needs to go into js/webgui.js somewhere, but I can't locate the correct place.

Has anyone implemented something like this or could you help me on my way?

Thanks!

randac56

May 25, 2018
The running torrents show up just fine, it's just that the finished ones are also removed from rtorrent, since it removes the associated .torrent file on completion. Thus it's impossible for rtorrent to give a list of completed downloads, since they're not rtorrent anymore.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look!

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Add a secured mod_autoindex location (apache, similar for others) would easily solve this. If you then add a simple iframe to the module's html code, you can even have it embedded into rutorrent.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Why not just use labels and NOT remove them?

There is no reason you can't just stop the torrents and label them.

Anyways, i'd either do that, set up the file explorer plugin or both.