Move finished downloads to pre-defined folder USING labels

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
So, here is the situation: I add 10 tv-movies torrent (not from RSS) and I set label for it named TVSHOWS. I want to move finished downloads to a selected folder, but only torrents what are labelled as TVSHOWS. I know, there is something what I want in Settings under Autotools menu, but there is not settings for "move finished downloads to selected folders using labels".

I want something like this:

finished download "label TVSHOWS" ->> move to --> /media/tvshows
finished download "label XXX" ->> move to --> /media/xxx
finished download "no label" ->> move to --> /media/torrents

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
somus1735, that's not what he meant.. He is already using autotools plugin but rather, he is requesting an additional feature from it.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I see a few request on the plugin page -what i want too-, but no reply from the developer sad.gif
"
Not sure if this is the right place for a feature request, but it would be great if automove could automatically move completed torrent files to specific directories based on the tag.

As in, I add a torrent with the tag 'tracker1' and when it finishes downloading it gets moved to defaultdir/tracker1. Is this possible?"

http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/wiki/PluginAutotools

With this feature and maybe an iphone interface in the future, will be the best interface for rtorrent..!

Attachments

somus1735

May 25, 2018
It's quite simple.

Autotools is basically designed to label based on dir and move stuff based on label, so it's simple.

Lets say your download dir is /home/wonslung/download

and you want finished stuff to go to /mnt/Complete/

First, create some subdirectories (these will be your labels)

/home/wonslung/download/Video/TV
/home/wonslung/download/Video/Movies
/home/wonslung/download/Other
/home/wonslung/download/Music

then, if you set up auto-tools correctly, when you add a new torrent (either by rss or other means) select one of the subdirectories.

if you download a movie, select /home/wonslung/download/Video/Movies

This will cause torrent to be LABELED Video/Movies and if you set up auto-move it will move finished file to the auto-move location replicating the dir structure

so what you will end up with is:

/mnt/Complete/Video/Movies/
/mnt/Complete/Video/TV
/mnt/Complete/Other
/mnt/Complete/Music

so, while it's not EXACTLY what you are asking for, it does damn near the same thing (except you don't HAVE to label it yourself, so it's EASIER)

understand?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
This is nearby what I need, I think it will be OK for me too, thank you very much for the explanation! Rutorrent have Great Support!

somus1735

May 25, 2018
any time bro, also, you might want to look into the "auto watch" part of autotools too.

It's really cool, it adds a nested set of watch directories into the mix, so you can set up some dir hierarchy which you can use to add .torrent files to (similar to how watch dir's work anyways) but the torrents will be downloaded to a corresponding dir in the download path for .rtorrent.rc, receive the proper label, and then seed from the auto-move dir location.

It makes for a killer system. I use this in combination with rsync to automatically download all my stuff from my seedbox. It works perfectly because you only download stuff which is complete ANYWAYS

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hey,
I know that this thread is kind of old but I nevertheless hope to get an answer.
I am trying the same thing on my server but I don't quite know how to keep the torrent seeding. The torrent is moved directly to the new directory but it don't want it to stop. Any ideas on how to do that?