Multi-user rutorrent and duplicate torrent file ?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hi, I already install rutorrent with multi-user support but there s 1 problem :

Even multi-user required multi rtorrent running (as i know), when 1 user add 1 torrent that another user already added before, rutorrent told that 'the torrent you added already exist"

This is a huge problem for me to set up a seedbox for 10 people , please show me how to fix this.

Thank you !

somus1735

May 25, 2018
this should not happen.

Each user should have his own unix user and his own instance of rtorrent running.

for instance:

/home/rtuser1
/home/rtuser2
/home/rtuser3
/home/rtuser4

and so on.

Each one would have his own .rtorrent.rc file (set to a different port and scgi port)

and you'd set up web auth on your rutorrent directory

if rutorrent is installed to /usr/local/www/rutorrent you should have direvtories for each user like

/usr/local/www/rutorrent/conf/users/rtuser1/
/usr/local/www/rutorrent/conf/users/rtuser2/
/usr/local/www/rutorrent/conf/users/rtuser3/
/usr/local/www/rutorrent/conf/users/rtuser4/

and a cofig.php in each with different settings.

as such, each user shoudl have no problem starting the same torrent

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
THank you wonslung for respond, and yes, i did exactly what you said: each user has own config file, .rtorrent.rc, port, directory and each cannot see another's torrent

However I still got this error, i can't understand what happened

Now i have 3 user, user 1 has 10 torrent downloading, user 2 has 0, but user 2 add 1 torrent (which already added by user 1) => i got the error message !

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I'm willing to bet it wasn't broken to begin with.

My guess is you had multiple users but you had duplicated the configs for 2 or more users, using the same SCGI settings/ports so when you tried to add torrents, they were already running.

Basically, not a bug, but a mistake in your config.