new to ruTorrent - need help re: watch directories

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I've been using rTorrent for a long time and just started using ruTorrent. I think it's a great webUI but I need a little info to see if I can make it work better with my existing rTorrent setup.

I use a couple watch directories. They set custom1 (which I guess is called a label in ruTorrent land). When my torrent is done I move the completed files based on the label, which was set based on the watch directory.

When I upload a torrent file or URL using ruTorrent the watch directories are ignored, and so is this automation. Is there a way to upload torrents using the webUI and have them saved to a watch directory? Or is there some other (additional) way to get this functionality using the webUI, idk automatically setting the label and some new .rtorrent.rc magic?

Here are the relative lines from my .rtorrent.rc
Pathnames have been changed to protect the innocent.

Code
schedule = watch_directory_1,10,10,"load_start=/torrent/watch1/*.torrent,d.set_custom1=/torrent/completed1/"
schedule = watch_directory_2,10,10,"load_start=/torrent/watch2/*.torrent,d.set_custom1=/torrent/completed2/"

schedule = untied_directory,5,5,remove_untied=

# When the torrent finishes, remove torrent and move downloaded
system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,rm_torrent,"execute=rm,$d.get_tied_to_file="
system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_complete,"d.set_directory=$d.get_custom1= ;execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_custom1="

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I use a couple watch directories. They set custom1 (which I guess is called a label in ruTorrent land).
ruTorrent really used custom1 as label, but it contents is a encoded.
Change custom1 on you rtorrent.rc to some named customs. E.q.
Code:
schedule = watch_directory_1,10,10,"load_start=/torrent/watch1/*.torrent,d.set_custom=dir,/torrent/completed1/"
system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_complete,"d.set_directory=$d.get_custom=dir ;execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_custom=dir"
Otherwise you may have some troubles.

When I upload a torrent file or URL using ruTorrent the watch directories are ignored, and so is this automation. Is there a way to upload torrents using the webUI and have them saved to a watch directory?
When you upload a torrent file or URL using ruTorrent, you can set it directory by hands. Also try to read about plugin "Autotools", may be it will be useful for you.