NO paths showing when creating a torrent

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Hello,

I have for the first time tried to create a torrent in the 3.0 beta, and have noticed that no paths are shown when i click browse, and I've als checked when adding torrents that when trying to select a directory the paths are not shown.

My download path is /home/user/torrents/doing

And my rut setup is in /srv/www/lighty/rutorrent

Can anyone help with suggestions as to what I might have mised?

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
it could only be a couple things.

one, permission errors
two, you set the top level dir wrong in the conf (it MUST have a trailing slash, if you are unsure, leave it at '/')
three, you don't have the _getdir plugin.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the fast reply smiley.gif

1. I have the _getdir_plugin
2.permissions are set, as i can download, watch folders working and upload
3. you set the top level dir wrong in the conf (it MUST have a trailing slash, if you are unsure, leave it at '/') <<< this one I am not sure

I havent touched that setting. Its left in default >> $topDirectory = '/'; // Upper available directory. Absolute path with trail slash.
Does this have to reflect the main directory for all my downloaded files which at the moment is /home/user/torrents/doing
I just added this with a trailing / and it still didnt show anything

jith45

May 25, 2018
grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif

UPDATE:

I had missed the obvious rolleyes.gif

All I had to do was to put the "/" in the browser and voila.

I was looking for something more complicated....soz to have troubled you...lol

das329717

May 25, 2018
it's not a problem. also if you have eveyrthing set up wrong and you have the plugins, all you have to do is click the little [...] button and it will fill in the dir.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif
Hi again wonslung and thank you for your patience.....

I can see everything, however.... When i try to create a new torrent it never completes, it just keeps cycling and thats on a 5MB file.
I have tried to make torrents from different folders where permissions are 777 etc. with no success.
I am at a loss what I've missed.

Stubs

PS. To get round this I have utilised b4rts make torrent facility, and used the newtabs to access it. A little longwinded but a temporary fix till I sort this wink.gif

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I guess, web-server user on your system hasn't access to rtorrent default storage directory.

I need to see to your system for say something. SSH + ruTorrent account. mailto:novik65[at]gmail.com.
The paths I have sorted, thank you (operator n00bness wink.gif ), and the creating a torrent I am trying to figure out at the moment , and will get back to you with the information whether it be an answer or with my shh and rutorrent info cheesy.gif

Thank you for awesome webui btq grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif

jith45

May 25, 2018
huh.gif UPDATE huh.gif

I tested mktorrent in root and it made .torrent files with no problem.

I get this error in rutorrent when i try to make a torrent file:

25.02.2010 18:26:57] JS error: [https://URL/rutorrent/ : 612] getCRC is not defined

And when I refresh the page i get this in FireFox:

Script: https://URL/rutorrent/js/stable.js:984

which I assume means the script is still running so is looping or stuck at a certain point...

I hope this sheds some light on my problem Novik or wonslung

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I mean it never seems to finish creating the torrent.

Will look at my timeout settings......result >> ( set my timeout on php.ini to 2400) and still no go plus no errors in my lighty error logs.

PS. I'm using rtorrent/rut beta 3.0 lighttpd on a centos 5.4 32 bit setup

jith45

May 25, 2018
cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Hello, I have since tested the create plugin on Debian Lenny and it works fine. I am therefore assuming that its down to Centos OS version 5.4. I will investigate further and will report back.

I have checked that all paths and permissions are correct. If all fails I will go back to the barebones (vanilla) and build up from that to see if its any other aspects of other torrent clients that I installed previously affecting the plugin. This as you probably guessed is simply detective work smiley.gif

das329717

May 25, 2018
hi, any news with this?

When i try to create a new torrent it never completes
i have the same issue (rutorrent 3, centos5 64bit)

tried with mktorrent, createtorrent and without any external but always the same.. just loading and nothing happens, no errors, nothing..

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
is php set in your config.php for rutorrent?

this plugin uses command line php so if you are missing it, it won't work.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
well it's important to note that just because the webserver shows php, that doesn't mean you have php set correctly for rutorrent.

rutorrent requires a php command line binary as well.

If it's not set in your conf.php this could be the problem.