Plugin - NFO Imager

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
This builds on Soupnazi's original NFO plugin idea

After failing to get that to work reliably on all browsers and operating systems (due to character-set and formatting issues) I decided to write this which renders and then displays NFOs as images

It uses a pre-rendered version of an original fixed-pitch CGA 8 x 8 pixel character set (code page 437) and an EGA 9 x 8 pixel version is also included - Extra character sets can be added by creating additional pre-rendered images (see config.php for more info)

The image format (PNG/GIF/JPEG) and the display colours (full RGB) are configurable (Again see config.php for more info)

Requires PHP 5 and GD 1.8 or later (or 2.0.28 if using GIF support)

It's available for download here - http://kitty-kode.com/kode/rutorrent/plugins/nfo_img.tar.gz

One thing I haven't managed but which I would like is to be able to make the image right-clickable so it can be 'Saved as' - Is this possible? If so how do I accomplish it with JS and the RuTorrent code?

Oh - And if anyone wants to translate the language files I'll update the archive

Version history/Changelog -

1.0 - Initial release
1.1 - Added 'Save Image...' button
1.2 - Fixed the path in get_img

2011-05-02 - Updated archive with ES translation (thanks Xenus!)

jith45

May 25, 2018
One thing I haven't managed but which I would like is to be able to make the image right-clickable so it can be 'Saved as' - Is this possible? If so how do I accomplish it with JS and the RuTorrent code?
$("#nfoimg_html img").bind("contextmenu",function(e) { e.stopImmediatePropagation(); });

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Thanks for that Novik

Sadly it didn't work for me though ('e.stopImmediatePropagation is not a function')

But it put me on the right track and after a bit of searching I found 'stopPropagation()' and that did it

I've also implemented a 'Save Image...' button which provides the real name of the NFO file and the name of the torrent - If using the button then the file name will be formatted as 'filename.nfo.(torrent-name).png' - But if using a right-click it will come up as 'get_img.php.png'

I've updated the archive and the link in the first post will now get the newer version with both these features

jith45

May 25, 2018
Great plugin! Thanks.

ES translation
Code:
theUILang.showNfoImg = "Ver NFO...";
theUILang.nfoImgNotFound = "No se pudo encontrar archivo NFO";
theUILang.nfoImgNotFoundTitle = "No encontrado";
theUILang.nfoImgError = "Ocurrió un error: ";
theUILang.nfoImgErrorTitle = "Error";

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
I can't find this version anywhere in the SVN? Also, i downloaded the tar from the link but when i installed it, it's not working? Just shows me a blank box.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
It isn't in the SVN - And being a non-core/third-party plugin I think it's probably unlikely to be - I'm not sure whether it's in the Wiki or not (I think that would probably be down to Wonslung)

The blank window could be caused by your system not having GD/PHP-GD installed - I had similar silent-failure problems on a box without it

Make sure that you're running at least PHP 5 and have GD/PHP-GD version 1.8 or later (or 2.0.28 if you want GIF support)

You can install PHP-GD on CentOS with
Code:
yum install gd php-gdand I suspect that on Debian or Ubuntu it would be
Code:
apt-get install gd php-gdThere are likely similar commands for other distros but I don't know what they'd be I'm afraid

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hey Kitty, I've installed the GD (OS is Ubuntu), but i still get the blank screen with the word "Checking"

jith45

May 25, 2018
When I click save I get
Not Found

The requested URL /plugins/nfo_img/get_img.php was not found on this server.​

This is because it tries to download using this link:
http://myseedboxip/plugins/nfo_img/get_img.php?id=5EDCFDA8F7556E2BE81926793B47F83BF8964711&save=save
while it should be
http://myseedboxip/rtorrent/plugins/nfo_img/get_img.php?id=5EDCFDA8F7556E2BE81926793B47F83BF8964711&save=save
To fix this I removed the trailing slash from line
Code:
'<form name="nfo_img2" method="GET" action="/plugins/nfo_img/get_img.php" style="padding-top: 8px;">'+in init.js
I changed it to
Code:
'<form name="nfo_img2" method="GET" action="plugins/nfo_img/get_img.php" style="padding-top: 8px;">'+Now it works just fine..

I also have a feature request, similar to the one I posted about the "normal" NFO plugin:
http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=1370.0
I hope you can do something about it...
Cheers and thanks - useful plugin!!

das329717

May 25, 2018
Thanks ChriZathens

I've updated the archive with your change

I'll have a look at your request but I don't (yet) know how to add an entry to the 'files' or 'filemanager' menus