Plugins don't even attempt to load

simur612

May 25, 2018
I'm using rutorrent 3.2 with rTorrent 0.8.6 (compiled with xmlrpc-c 1.16) and libtorrent .12.6. I'm trying to install the rss and unpack plugin. I dropped the plugins into rutorrent's plugin directory and updated permissions on everything in the rutorrent directory (chmod -R 775 rutorrent).

I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.

When I open up the webUI the only logger message I see is that the webUI has started. I also checked to log file and there's nothing. I can't see either plugin anywhere in the UI.

Am I missing something on how to install plugins? Could this be something with my Apache configuration? I've looked all over this forum and from what I can tell I just need to drop them in the plugins folder, however, I've had no luck in doing so.

Thanks in advance.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Where are you expecting the plugins would pop-up huh.gif

Go to the TAB : PLUGINS .. and see if they are loaded

You will find the plugins in :

* Settings
* Under the Tabs
* Right click on torrents

SO they are everywhere ;-)

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Well yes I would expect them to show up in the plugins tab, settings, toolbar etc. I read all the Docs and scoured this forum. In the end I just cleared the whole plugins directory and checked them out directly into the plugins directory from SVN and then they started showing up. I had originally copied them into the plugins directory using scp from a remote machine (I had downloaded the tarball from google code on the remote machine). I did update permissions/owner though, so I have no idea what the problem was.

Thanks for your responses though smiley.gif