group.rat_3.ratio.max.set=10000
group.rat_3.ratio.upload.set=50
system.method.set = group.rat_3.ratio.command, "d.stop=; d.close="

and I have this in my ratio conf.php file

Code:
<?php
// configuration parameters

define(&#39;MAX_RATIO&#39;, 4);

$isAutoStart = false; // if false, then you need start plugin mannualy.
Now when I add a new torrent, what is the default ratio in case I did not select one from the group? What is the use of the groups defined in rtorrent configuration file if the plugin values are different than what is in rtorrent config file?!!

I am not sure that I know fully how this plugin actually work! I do not get any errors now, the ratio works if set using the plugin, but the values defined in the plugin are different than the ones defined in rtorrent configuration file, and there is no default value for a newly added torrent. I am sure that my lack of knowledge is to blame not the coders...

I would really appreciate an urgent clarification for a n00b

thnx in advance

jith45

May 25, 2018
I don't think torrents will automatically be added with ratio.

I don't really use the ratio plugin much, but i know the plugin DID work when i tried it. I'm fairly sure you can set RSS downloads to be in specific groups and you can manually set a torrent with a ratio group, but outside of that i'm not sure if you can make it a default.

das329717

May 25, 2018
hmmm! Is it possible to modify that "add torrent" script so that it will for instance execute a script upon adding the torrent and will set the ratio automatically?!

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
If you add new torrent through web interface, you need to check - is it really added. If you need to check - you can to specify ratio for it by hands. If you add new torrent through rtorrent watch directory, you can to specify ratio in watch command. For example
schedule = watch_directory,5,10,"load_start_verbose=foo_2/*.torrent, view.set_visible=rat_0"

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
if you want all torrents to have ratio automatically you don't even need this plugin

just add something like this to .rtorrent.rc
Code:
ratio.enable=
ratio.min.set=200
ratio.max.set=0
ratio.upload.set=0
system.method.set = group.seeding.ratio.command, d.close=

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I know this. But how can I change the ratio for some torrents w/o restarting rtorrent and changing teh config file?!

Without disrespect to rtorrent developer, how come this is not implemented?! Deluge uses libtorrent and such feature is implemented...

jith45

May 25, 2018
I think the rtorrent developers envisioned different watch directories for different ratios.

I might be wrong, you'd have to ask them. In all honesty, the ratio plugin works really well but i'm not sure there is an answer to BOTH options.

As far as i can tell, you can run the plugin, and manually give torrents ratio

OR

you can set ratio settings for diffrent watch directories.

Using the plugin works well, and allows you to switch with ratios of torrents at any time...Novik might know a way to make it automatically add a ratio on startup. I don't

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi,

all I want to do, is set the ratio lower than 100... I know...leeching aint good.

How can I achieve that?

Thanks

jith45

May 25, 2018
No way at this moment. If you really need this, you can add "enhancement" issue on project page.