RSS: 2 feeds from same tracker problem

jith45

May 25, 2018
Hi guys,
a new type of problem with RSS plugin here.
I tried adding 2 RSS feeds from the same source and it works first but later one of them get corrupted with 0 results and only the first added keeps working.
I´m guessing that the problem is that the cache from the feed gets corrupted, since it uses the passkey as filename and 2 with the same passkey may corrupt it, because they will both feed the same file in cache.
Is there any way to deal with this ?
Btw, I´m having 2 feeds from the same tracker because the tracker only feeds the release name, no further data like category which would be useful. However, they have the ability to have different feeds for different categories (like cat=1 for Y, cat=2 for Z, etc).
For TV shows, for example, it would be easy to handle only one giant feed to filter what I want, since I know the name to expect, season, episode, etc. However, for everything else, I would have trouble to create filters that would find what I wan´t among all categories in the tracker, which why the way to do it would be having more than 2 feeds from the tracker, tracking each one the different categories I want.

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I'm not sure i really understand your problem.

But it should be no problem to do things either way.

You can do any of the following:

create a single big feed and create filters for this feed

create multiple feeds and create filters for each

create multiple feeds and use filters which work for ALL feeds

i do things differently depending on what i'm after. For instance. Some people like to create a bunch of feeds and then set a filter to "download only once" but set it to use all feeds, that way they download only one copy of the file from whichever site shows it first.

Other times, it's better to just create different filters for each feed and set them this way. I haven't had any problems with filters matching properly. I think it's all in how you write your filters.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hi wonslung,

the problem I´m having, trying to explain better, is this. I have 2 feeds from same tracker, like:

a) http://www.tracker.com/rss.php&cat=1&passkey=abcde (i get games in here)
b) http://www.tracker.com/rss.php&cat=2&passkey=abcde (i get movies in here)

Only one of them works. Only one will show me results, the other will show 0 results, like the feed is empty. I can´t be sure, but I´m guessing is that because RSS will create the same file in cache for both (which will be named abcde).

It would be easier to have only one feed getting multiple results from the tracker, however their RSS only gives me the title, no categories in the description section. That´s a problem, because creating filters to download only games and movies would be rather difficult, unless I knew what´s going to be released.

jith45

May 25, 2018
I have the same with a tracker, only cat is different for them, but passkey & UID is of course the same, and it all works.
just make sure that you do not name the feeds the same .. just give them different names (like feed A , Feed B)

What happens when you load the RSS feed in for example firefox ?
Do you see anything ?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Hi wonslung,

the problem I´m having, trying to explain better, is this. I have 2 feeds from same tracker, like:

a) http://www.tracker.com/rss.php&cat=1&passkey=abcde (i get games in here)
b) http://www.tracker.com/rss.php&cat=2&passkey=abcde (i get movies in here)

Only one of them works. Only one will show me results, the other will show 0 results, like the feed is empty. I can´t be sure, but I´m guessing is that because RSS will create the same file in cache for both (which will be named abcde).

It would be easier to have only one feed getting multiple results from the tracker, however their RSS only gives me the title, no categories in the description section. That´s a problem, because creating filters to download only games and movies would be rather difficult, unless I knew what´s going to be released.
hrm....
this is interesting.

I just ran a test, and i found that almost all the sites i'm on will allow me to add mutiple feeds and they work just fine. Some sites do require cookie auth, for those sites i had to use the cookie mod, and not add the cookie to the feed directly.

BUT, there was one site that wouldn't allow me to add a second feed.....every time i tried i got an error. I'm not quite sure what this is. My advice is to send novik an email or a pm on these forums with the exact feed info because it may be a problem he has to fix in the code. This rss mod has had a few bugs but every time he's promptly fixed them.

I've had many sites which didn't work originally AT ALL which he fixed..

edit:

Actually, the site i was just having problems with was another site which uses cookie auth. It allowed me to make feeds with or without cookie auth, I had tried to add a feed which required cookie auth but i didn't have the cookie added....so this is why it wouldn't load.

SOOOOO

I'm wondering if your sites require cookie auth.

If so, this is most likely your problem.

another thing you can do, is this:

Create a feed with BOTH movies and games, then create filters and add the checkmark for "check description field"

This allows you to enter regex for the Category.

For instance, let's say your feed has something like this:

Category: Movies/x264

you could make your filter, then at the END add this:

Category:.Movies\/x264.*

and so long as you've added the checkmark to "check description field" it will work.

do you follow what i mean?