RSS and Traffic not working

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
both plugins are shown as "Loaded" in rutorrent. but rss doesn't update it's feeds and traffic simply displays nothing (probably because it's not updating either)
if i manually update the rss feed it's working. where can i find error messages or a logfile?
i'm having these problems since a week and cannot figure out why sad.gif

simur612

May 25, 2018
well, turns out that the php binary rutorrent was using is not a php cli binary
changed that -> works

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
he added the php command line program and put it in the config.
You mean php5-cli right? I have installed that.

Then in /var/www/rutorrent/conf/config.php i have the following:
Code:
<?php
// configuration parameters

// for snoopy client
@define(&#39;HTTP_USER_AGENT&#39;, &#39;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0&#39;, true);
@define(&#39;HTTP_TIME_OUT&#39;, 30, true); // in seconds
@define(&#39;HTTP_USE_GZIP&#39;, true, true);

@define(&#39;RPC_TIME_OUT&#39;, 5, true); // in seconds

@define(&#39;LOG_RPC_CALLS&#39;, false, true);
@define(&#39;LOG_RPC_FAULTS&#39;, true, true);

// for php
@define(&#39;PHP_USE_GZIP&#39;, false, true);
@define(&#39;PHP_GZIP_LEVEL&#39;, 2, true);

$do_diagnostic = true;
$log_file = &#39;/tmp/errors.log&#39;; // path to log file (comment or make empty to disable logging)
$saveUploadedTorrents = true;

$topDirectory = &#39;/&#39;; // Upper available directory. Absolute path with trail slash.
$forbidUserSettings = false;

$scgi_port = 5000;
$scgi_host = "127.0.0.1";

$XMLRPCMountPoint = "/RPC2"; // DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE!!! DO NOT COMMENT THIS LINE!!!

$pathToExternals = array(
"php" => &#39;&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/php. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"curl" => &#39;&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/curl. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"gzip" => &#39;&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/gzip. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"id" => &#39;&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/id. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
"stat" => &#39;&#39;, // Something like /usr/bin/stat. If empty, will be founded in PATH.
);

// For web->rtorrent link through unix domain socket
// (scgi_local in rtorrent conf file), change variables
// above to something like this:
//
// $scgi_port = 0;
// $scgi_host = "unix:///tmp/rpc.socket";

?>
I assume I have to change this line:
Code:
"php" => '',but I don't know to what exactly.
I tried
Code:
"php" => /usr/bin/php,
it didn't work.

Then I thought i have some permissions issue. But all the folders in the rutorrent folder in var/www are owned by www-data

I'm on Ubuntu 10.10 server

simur612

May 25, 2018
yah, i don't know what to tell you other than "it works on every machine i have installed"

and

"i've installed over 200 machines"

i wish i could be of more help.....i just don't know, i told you what i'd check, if it's not that, you're going to need to give more info

perhaps enable logging

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Yes I rebooted the whole machine (it's a home server)

Aaah screw it. RSS seems to work (at least manual loading) and I traffic isn't recording anything, but I can live with that. Everything else seems to be working

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I use the following in my rtorrent.rc to update the RSS :

schedule = rssrascalli,0,00:03:00,"execute={sh,-c,php /var/www/webui/plugins/rss/update.php 'rascalli' & exit 0}"

simur612

May 25, 2018
Quote from: emperor on October 13, 2010, 05:55:55 am
You mean php5-cli right? I have installed that.​

Did you restart the webserver after installing this ?

perhaps enable logging

Logging of what? Rutorrent or rtorrent, cause I searched this forum about rutorrent logging and I couldn't find how to do that.​

Look in your config,ini you posted above ....

Code:
$log_file = '/tmp/errors.log'; // path to log file (comment or make empty to disable logging)
So look in that location , or change the location & restart rutorrent so everything gets loaded.
After that, wait a bit & the download the file to your home pc to see what the problem is

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Quote from: emperor on October 13, 2010, 05:55:55 am
You mean php5-cli right? I have installed that.​

Did you restart the webserver after installing this ?
perhaps enable logging​

Logging of what? Rutorrent or rtorrent, cause I searched this forum about rutorrent logging and I couldn't find how to do that.​

Look in your config,ini you posted above ....

Code:
$log_file = '/tmp/errors.log'; // path to log file (comment or make empty to disable logging)
So look in that location , or change the location & restart rutorrent so everything gets loaded.
After that, wait a bit & the download the file to your home pc to see what the problem is
I thought so too, but there isn't a file errors.log in this folder. Then i changed it to:
Code: [Select]
$log_file = '/var/www/rutorrent/share/users/emperor/errors.log';
Same thing - no such file even after restarting everything - rtorrent, webserver, machine...

I think I messed something up with the permissions in the install. I was following subvertbeats tutorial in this forum.
rtorrent runs as emperor
.rtorrent.rc is owned by emperor too
rutorrent folder is www-data
home folder is emperor...

Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it!

edit: now I've deleted the trafic folder in /var/www/rutorrent/share/users/emperor/settings/trafic. After a restart rutorrent did create the folder again with subfolders torrents and trackers. these are empty. So is rutorrent missing some link to rtorrent about the traffic stats?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
You need to wait some time before there is information transmitted

Just make sure webserver & rtorrent user are having all rights in : Homefolder & webui folder

simur612

May 25, 2018
You need to wait some time before there is information transmitted

Just make sure webserver & rtorrent user are having all rights in : Homefolder & webui folder
The interval for the traffic plugin is 15 minutes. It's been running for more than half an hour now and nothing is updating in the traffic tab in rutorrent.

I posted my user permissions in the post above

randac56

May 25, 2018
I posted my user permissions in the post above
No permissions are given , just who owns what & who runs what.

TRy to chmod the folders to 777 :

chmod 777 -R /path/tohomefolder
chmod 777 -R /path/towebuifolder

Maybe this helps ….

peshua19

May 25, 2018
No permissions are given , just who owns what & who runs what.

TRy to chmod the folders to 777 :

chmod 777 -R /path/tohomefolder
chmod 777 -R /path/towebuifolder

Maybe this helps ….
God damn it. it worked smiley.gif I guess I still have to read a lot about linux.

Thanks for the help rascalli and wonslung

saroos1

May 25, 2018
see, i don't even use 777 on all my permission, i use the default permissions downloaded via svn for everything and then i change the ownership of the share directory.

put it has basically the same effect.