RSS feeds local cache

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I have a Synology NAS and I'm looking for the RSS feed local cache directory so I can change permissions on it since my auto update is not working. Manual is working fine though.

I read this from Novik, replying to a user with different systom from me:

"
RSS works on such way:

1) One per 30 min (or per another interval from plugins conf.php) rTorrent receive contents of all feeds and place its to local cache. In your case - to directory rutorrent/share/users/shankedgolfer/rss
rTorrent user must have permission for write to this directory. Check this.
2) When you load ruTorrent, web-server's user periodically load local cache and sent it to interface. Timer on interface show *this* interval.
3) When you manually update feed, web-server's user receive contents of feed, place its to local cache and send this info to ruTorrent interface.
"

What directory is used on Synology? The RSS package directory is /volume1/@appstore/rutorrent/share/rutorrent/plugins/rss. I tried opening that but same issue still so probably not where the local cahe is stored.
I installed the package from Synocommunity.

das329717

May 25, 2018
All files and directories inside rutorrent/share must be accessible for read/write for both web-server and rtorrent users.
I installed the package from Synocommunity.​
In this case, i think, you should ask about that from the package maintainer