rtorrent 0.8.6-1 and rutorrent 3.1

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
hi, i'm an new french user of rutorrent who try to install with an tuto rutorrent on my Synology NAS server, but the version of rtorrent and rutorrent on the SVN server aren't compatible if i correctly understand on the web site of rutorrent 3.1.

I'm trying to install old version of rtorrent but i never terminated the installation.

can you tell me when a compatible version of rutorrent fully compatible with the version 0.8.6-1 of rtorrent is ready?

Because i'm an windows technician but a linux i don't know or a very little ...

I attach a screenshot of rutorrent, if you can help me (for information the SCGI port and the SCGI host are ok on the two software "127.0.0.1:5050"

thank you very much

PS : excuse my english text

das329717

May 25, 2018
0.8.6 is compatible.

you need to compile it yourself. Don't use pre-packaged versions. (0.8.6-1 is a packaged versions)

jith45

May 25, 2018
Hi

Why didn't you post on french part of this forum? To install rtorrent+rutorrent on synology nas, you only need to follow this wiki

++

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
thank's for your answer

I have try to compile tje version of rtorrent 0.8.6

I do autogen => ready to configure ; configure => error openSSL not found, and i don't arrived to do "MAKE" and "MAKE INSTALL"

i have try to install openSSL nothing change ... if you can help me to install the version 0.8.6 of rtorrent on my NAS server ... I appreciate you tighten

For the french part of the forum, it's the first time which i come on this forum and there are most post in english section so i have think most post = most people = most reponse
but last time i'm trying french section ...

For the tuto it's this one which i have used. But it use the last version of rtorrent.

Thanks to your help.

PS : I hope my English is not too bad, I'm practicing

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
thank's for your help ... but i do

IPKG INSTALL openssl-dev it's ok

but for libssl-dev i found nothing (else the deb version)

and when i do ./configure for libtorrent or rtorrent i have a message error "your pkg-config is too old update to version 0.9.0, but i have the 0.18.0 install (with error ...) i don't understand ...

how install rtorrent 0.8.6 simply (svn? ipkg? else ...) please i don't know linux and the installation manually not easy for me or it's my nas server os ?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
thank's i don't see on the web server there was the version 0.25 of pkg-config, i install it ...

but found and install : libssl-dev

Thank you