rTorrent, 'do not download' still creates files?

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hello

I've been using rTorrent and Rutorrent for a little while and I have an issue with unwanted files being created, even though they are marked as 'Do not download'. The problem seems to be caused by rTorrent alone and I do not think the WebUI has any part in it.

I have tested by adding a torrent in rTorrent in a paused/not-yet-started state and selected which files that should be ignored. I then checked the download directory and no files were created yet.
Next I started the torrent, when it was complete the files I set to ignore were present.

The filesize of these unwanted files can vary from being completely empty, partially complete to entirely complete.
Is there a way to prevent these unwanted files?
I hope it's ok to discuss this problem here even though it doesn't involve Rutorrent directly.

jith45

May 25, 2018
This is happening me too... angry.gif

Marked a file to not download, ruTorrent tells me that the rest of the files was downloaded and not this file. When checking it was still downloaded...

Update: Could some admin or mod please move this to the bug section?

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Hello, thanks for your answers.

Yes I know that Rutorrent has no part in this issue. It's just that there seems to be few alternative places to discuss rtorrent, so that's why I posted here. I hope you can understand.

The rtorrent irc channel is really unused, the mailing list is no longer used (I think?) ... the only other way of bringing this up that I know of is by filing an issue at rtorrent Github site.