simur612

May 25, 2018
Download event action failed: Bad return code.​

Here is my .rtorrent.rc
Code:
#upload rate in KiB, 0 is unlimited.
download_rate = 0
upload_rate = 0

#Maximum and minimum number of peers to connect to, per torrent.
min_peers = 10
max_peers = 40

#Same as above but for seeding completed torrents (-1 = same as downloading)
#min_peers_seed = 10
#max_peers_seed = 50

#Port range to use for listening, ranges work better than a single port.
port_range = 17370-17379

#Off, auto or on; I'm not a fan, but for public trackers these days you might need it.
dht = disable

#Where to store torrent data.
directory = /home/[me]/Downloads

scgi_port = 127.0.0.1:[valid port]

Was working fine until about 2 weeks ago.
Only noticed it wasn't downloading from my rss feeds today.
I've rebooted the entire machine as google thought it was rtorrent being dumb and restarting would wake it up.
Tried just the port in my .rtorrent.rc which resulted in the same error.
Not sure what else to do here, I know it's not rutorrent causing the problem but I figured you lot would be knowledgeable as any on a linux forum on this error, probably more so.
Speaking of which, I'm on Ubuntu 12.10 and rtorrent 0.9.3/0.13..3

peshua19

May 25, 2018
1) Update ruTorrent installation from svn.
2) Check permissions. Directory rutorrent/share and all inside it must be available for read/write for both rtorrent and web-server users.
3) Restart rtorrent.
4) If problem still present, remove ruTorrent plugins one by one and check result.

simur612

May 25, 2018
1) Update ruTorrent installation from svn.
2) Check permissions. Directory rutorrent/share and all inside it must be available for read/write for both rtorrent and web-server users.
3) Restart rtorrent.
4) If problem still present, remove ruTorrent plugins one by one and check result.
1) no change
2) I thought this might be the problem as remove and delete from rutorrent doesn't delete the file anymore, just the torrent.
I set the permissions to the /Downloads directory to 777 as a test and it had no effect.
[edit: re-read what you said, 777'd rtorrent/share and then rtorrent/share/* and no effect.]
3) That's what google said, but I don't have it running as a service or anything, it's in a screen. I ctrl+q'd it, deleted the screen, rebooted the entire server and none of those fixed it.
4) not sure how to remove plugins, I have about 50 I never use, the only ones I want are rss and regex and group ratio rules.
how do I start removing plugins ? just delete them from the plugins directory?

peshua19

May 25, 2018
4) not sure how to remove plugins, I have about 50 I never use, the only ones I want are rss and regex and group ratio rules.
how do I start removing plugins ? just delete them from the plugins directory?
RTFM may be? This must helps.