rutorrent as a remote webui?

das329717

May 25, 2018
Generally I want to set rtorrent on one machine, and launch rutorrent on another one, like a remote webui, but have no clue, how to connect such remote rutorrent to rtorrent that is on another machine, tried to change localhost in scgi settings to the ip of that machine, but with no luck. Is there such possibility, or am I dreaming wink.gif? Any clues and ideas, I'd be much appreciated.

jith45

May 25, 2018
it will work but you will not have access to most of the plugins.

What you need to do is set rtorrent to do scgi on the remote ip/port then on your machine running rutorrent, set up your webserver to do scgi remotely as well.

Then set rutorrent accordingly.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Just wondering .. why do you want to do this huh.gif

You do know that when you set-up rutorrent that you can login from every pc with every browser right ??

das329717

May 25, 2018
The answer is simple, I want to launch rtorrent on a router, but don't have enough resources to launch there also webserver with php and so on. I'll try that wonslung thx.

I think I might not understood what you're saying wonslung, how exactly I may do that. If I switch scgi_port in .rtorrent.rc then it gives me an errror. Generally rtorrent ip is 192.168.3.5 and my rutorrent/webserver ip is 192.168.3.4 , so in .rtorrent.rc I've putted:

Code:
# SCGI port
scgi_port = 192.168.3.4:5000
in nginx settings I have:

Code:
location /RPC2 {
include scgi_params;
scgi_pass 192.168.3.5:5000;
}
and in rutorrent config

Code:
$scgi_port = 5000;
$scgi_host = "192.168.3.5";
Not sure if that's what you've meant.

jith45

May 25, 2018
why not just run rtorrent on the machine running the webserver? this will be better in the long run.

just use port redirection .

but anyways, you can do what you want, but it is always better to run them on the same machine.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Generally I want to seed 24/7 and don't want to have my PC keep on running 24/7. That's why it's good to have rtorrent running on my router 24/7 and just connect with rutorrent when I want to add/remove/check my torrents.

wonslung is the way that I've wrote in previous post good, cause I can't launch rtorrent with such configuration. rtorrent throws me an error, that can't work on such ip. Do I need to launch some server besides www on my pc? I try to read something about it, but can't find anything connected with what I want to do :/.

If you can give few more details on how to launch it in such configuration, that would be great wink.gif.