rutorrent errors

jith45

May 25, 2018
Hi guts and sorry for the noob post but i have kinda installed rtorrent/rutorrent folowing a number of tutorials and picking out certain bits. This is because i have my forum running on my remote server and i don't wanna mess it up. I used ispconfig to host it.

Anyway i have rutorrent installed and this is what i get when i log in over http ...

I have the same port number in rtorrent and rutorrent and also in my .rtorrent.rc file. Any ideas what i might have missed?

Thanks

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Also did you configure the config files ?
As rutorrent can not connect to rtorrent

Did you folow a tutorial ?
Or did you do it another way ?

das329717

May 25, 2018
i'm not sure what you did exactly but the standard method is:

install rtorrent with xmlrpc-c
install screen

run rtorrent with a proper .rtorrent.rc via screen

install webserver with mod_scgi and php5.2.10 or greater
set up webserver properly

install rutorrent, all files must be readable to the webserver user and rtorrent user, share must be writable to both ( rutorrent/share/ )
make sure rutorrent config files are set up properly.

If you did all of these things, and everything is runnin gon the same host, it's easy. If you have parts running on different hosts its going to get harder and many plugins wont' work

jith45

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the replys.

@ gijsyo - I already have an apache web server and from what i've read its a bit tricky getting them to work together if at all but i have seen that tutorial and read what might be useful but i'll read over it again. And yes i add3ed the cgi-mount.

@ rascalli - By config files do you mean .rutorrent.rc, rutorrent.config and rtorrent to all have the same port number?

I will check them all again.

@ wonslung I installed rtorrent via the repositories and not apt-get. And yes it runs fine in screen. I'm new at servers/ubuntu in general (I started renting my server 3 weeks ago) but I feel i have learned a lot. All the tutorials say to install a load of stuff some of which i already had. I also checked in the repositorys for all the items mentioned in a tutorial i followed and it appears i have all whats needed installed.

I have installed an apache web server and my forum is running on it. Also what is meant by "parts running on different hosts"?

Thanks

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
@ chaos :

I mean the following files :

apache.conf check scgi & port (restart apache)
config.php in : /var/www/rutorrent/conf/users/rascalli (but then ofcourse like how you have it set-up) check scgi port , folders

somus1735

May 25, 2018
wonslung I installed rtorrent via the repositories​

repositories versions don't have rtorrent configured xmlrpc-c you need to configure and make rtorrent sorry easy enough to do though