[solved] what does it mean: bad response from server: (0 [error,getalltrackers])

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Hi

I use rutorrent 0.3.2, rtorrent 0.8.6 and libtorrent 0.12.6.
Earlier this week I tried for the 1st time to create a torrent directly from rutorrent, and it failed (creating .torrent for only 10% of the file). Well, this wasn't really a problem because I switch to mktorrent with is simplier and really powerfull.

But, after being back on rutorrent, I get this message from the log :
Code:
bad response from server: (0 [error,getalltrackers])

Even with this message, rutorrent and rtorrent work great (I could add torrent, delete torrent, speed up/down are normal), only problems are :
1/ This message at launch of rutorrent
2/ I couldn't start or stop all torrent at once, I get this "bad response from server: (0 [error,start])"
It works if I select 45% of all torrent, but I'm really curious and I would like to understand where is the bug. I was using rutorrent 0.3.1 at the time, I upgrade to 0.3.2 and I get the same message.
I try to quit/relaunch rtorrent many time but it didn't change anything.

So, did you ever get this message ? Could I get ride of it ?

Other solution, could I backup all .torrent at once, clean all rtorrent file and relaunch a fresh one ?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
1/ Chrome, firefox, IE9. I always get the message.
2/ The plugins haven't change between "it works great before I try to create the .torrent" / "I get the message after the test" :

cpuload create data datadir erasedata extsearch geoip _getdir rpc rss source throttle trafic

I really thing it comes from the test file I try to create, like, it's stuck somewhere between rutorrent and rtorrent.. I haven't find it on the session folder of rutorrent :/

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I removed all torrent files, removed the session dir from rtorrent, ...
And when I add some of the old torrent file (re-download), I get the same message (with error "413" instead of "0"). (I get it after adding ~100 files..).

Any idea ?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Does this happen right away or after leaving rutorrent open int he browser for an extended period?

If it's happening after it's been open for an extended period of time it's most likely due to your connection between you and the remote server.

das329717

May 25, 2018
with error "413" instead of "0").
You have a lot of torrents, and, i think, web-server limitation like client_max_body_size.

1) Configure your web-server properly
2) Replace plugin rpc to httprpc (if you have a normal server).