uploading issues - rutorrent

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Hi, I am new to Linux so I am a bit stuck with what is happening and why my torrents aren't uploading.
I have utorrent on my pc and in the same time period it will upload 10GB, my raspberry pi with rutorrent will do 500Mb.

It seems to be stopping all of the uploads at about 0.010 and then it says finished. I figured this might have something to do with the ratio's, but I am not sure if I just change them in the rtorrent config file.

I am used to windows so assume I know nothing of how to edit files, although I can do some basic bits.

I used guides for the setup from two different websites and copied the settings as described.
Hope its ok to post the links, since its all setup on Raspbian.
I used this link for almost all of the config
http://bighippo999.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/raspberry-pi-rtorrent-apache2-rutorrent.html
This link I used for the drive mapping (which since its an NTFS share on a NAS it wont download anything as the drive is mapped incorrectly I think, read only access, so if someone can suggest how I resolve this that would be great)
http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/great-things-small-package-your-unofficial-raspberry-pi-manual

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
I disabled a bunch of plugins and while those options have now been removed from rutorrent, the torrents will revert back to finished when started. I have restarted rtorrent to see what settings it pulls across from the config file.

Things that could be wrong?
Permissions? it should be running under an account called rtorrent, but not sure how to check this has correct permissions, or what it needs to write to.
the location of the rtorrent.rc file, this is in the home folder and I can edit it when logged on as rtorrent using nano -w ~/.rtorrent.rc. the details in here doesn't seem to reflect the changes I make in utorrent however. possibly its running under the original pi account rather than this user.

That my guesses, I just want it to work, so worst case I will use some other step by step instructions to get this installed as I had to make a few assumptions when setting it up.

jith45

May 25, 2018
If you copied that config then remove / comment these lines in your config and restart rtorrent:

schedule = untied_directory,5,5,stop_untied=~/watch/*.torrent
ratio.enable=
ratio.min.set=1
ratio.max.set=2
ratio.upload.set=1K
system.method.set = group.seeding.ratio.command, d.close=, d.stop

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Awesome, that worked a treat.

I have been tweaking the config in rutorrent but it doesn't seem to have had any effect. This now is seeding correctly as it should have done originally.

Thanks for the swift answer