BOUNTY: Better search

saroos1

May 25, 2018
The current search feature for torrents is ok....i've even been able to add my private sites to it but there is one thing which would make this much better:

Ideally, when you select a site, you should be able to do a search and instead of it opening a new windows/tab, it should put the results in a frame beside the logger. This would be a very nice start, but what would make it REALLY badass is, if you could somehow pull the results from this tab directly into a download....(maybe via a right click option on the download link)

I'd pay 20 dollars for this.

If anyone else thinks this is a good idea, throw in some.

simur612

May 25, 2018
I'd throw in $20 as well if it did what wonslung asked, but ALSO pulled the cookies in from the cookies plugin.

You probably don't notice that the search feature doesn't use the cookies because you're already logged in, but if you're using someone else's machine to access your rutorrent website, and you initiate a search from there, you need to log into that site in order for the results to appear.

Wonslung asked for a "rightclick" feature in the searchresults tab to send a torrent to rutorrent/rtorrent. That's one option, but regardless of *how* it's implemented, it'd be great if it's easier than the 6 steps of
  • Rightclick torrent link within the results window/tab
  • Click "copy link" (or equivalent in your browser)
  • Switch to rutorrent
  • Click "Add Torrent"
  • Paste the torrent URL
  • Click OK

randac56

May 25, 2018
I'd throw in $20 as well if it did what wonslung asked, but ALSO pulled the cookies in from the cookies plugin.

You probably don't notice that the search feature doesn't use the cookies because you're already logged in, but if you're using someone else's machine to access your rutorrent website, and you initiate a search from there, you need to log into that site in order for the results to appear.

Wonslung asked for a "rightclick" feature in the searchresults tab to send a torrent to rutorrent/rtorrent. That's one option, but regardless of *how* it's implemented, it'd be great if it's easier than the 6 steps of
  • Rightclick torrent link within the results window/tab
  • Click "copy link" (or equivalent in your browser)
  • Switch to rutorrent
  • Click "Add Torrent"
  • Paste the torrent URL
  • Click OK
it's faster currently to:
download .torrent file
click add torrent
upload .torrent file

but still, the point stands

saroos1

May 25, 2018
i like this idea as well, however, i would add a couple of things to it...

search by tracker, and then when you find a torrent that you want to download, it will download to whatever watch directory is previously specified for that tracker.

this would be especially useful if you use the tracklabels feature, as you would really have to do nothing other than select what you want to download to have it pull nicely into rutorrent.