Another user/permissions question.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
I almost have my rutorrent setup 100% setup, the biggest issue I'm having is related to user permissions. How do i go about making sure all users can move, rename, delete, etc torrents that have been auto-unpacked and auto-moved to its final location? I am working on getting/finding/creating an auto-renaming app that will handle tv show renaming, but this won't work right now due to file permissions set on torrents handled by rutorrent/rtorrent.

Thanks!

peshua19

May 25, 2018
See manual for `umask` command. You may use this command in rTorrent's user profile or directly in rtorrent.rc.

simur612

May 25, 2018
I almost have my rutorrent setup 100% setup, the biggest issue I'm having is related to user permissions. How do i go about making sure all users can move, rename, delete, etc torrents that have been auto-unpacked and auto-moved to its final location? I am working on getting/finding/creating an auto-renaming app that will handle tv show renaming, but this won't work right now due to file permissions set on torrents handled by rutorrent/rtorrent.

Thanks!​

basically, you want to make every torrent umask 0000 or you want to have all users in the same group and make umask 0002

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Thanks fellas. I actually set the umask in both the s99rtorrent startup file as well as the .rtorrent.rc, but all torrents would start in and stay in pausing mode. I tried with both files having that setting then just 1 of each of both files, but only when I removed those settings and restarted rtorrent to get it back to actually downloading a torrent.

Any suggestions?

simur612

May 25, 2018
you've done something wrong somewhere.

torrents only pause for these reasons:

directory they are being saved to doesn't exist
user doesn't have permissions to write to the directory
bugged torrent