Autotools plugin

peshua19

May 25, 2018
First of all, I apologize if this has been covered a lot, but I can't find any specific solution to my problem.
I'm using rutorrent 3.2 on Gentoo Linux with rtorrent 0.8.6. I've got most plugins setup and working properly, except autotools is doing something a bit strange.

My directory structure to download into is as follows:

/storage/media/incoming/movies
/storage/media/incoming/music
/storage/media/incoming/tv

Once the torrent is downloaded, I want them to automove to:

/storage/media/movies
/storage/media/music
/storage/media/tv

I've setup autolabel as {DIR}, so it labels the torrents as "movies", "music" or "tv". I've setup autowatch to monitor /storage/media/incoming, and then automove to move completed torrents to /storage/media/whatever (depending on label).

If I add the torrent via the "Add Torrent" button, I can select the desired directory, don't need to select a label because autolabel works, choose file and add the torrent, and everything works as expected. It automatically labels it properly, downloads it, and moves it the completed dir.

However, if I simply drop a .torrent file into a watched directory (ie: /storage/media/incoming/movies, music or tv) the torrent is not autolabeled, and downloads under /storage/media/incoming and then is automoved to /storage/media/. I'm assuming this happens because it's not being autolabeled and/or I have auto watch setup incorrectly.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong, or a better way to setup my download/watch dirs would be appreciated.

Thanks!

peshua19

May 25, 2018
set up autowatch and make sure you don't use autowath AND watch in the same directory (the .rtorrent.rc setting should be removed or not be on the same directory)

simur612

May 25, 2018
OK, that was pretty stupid.
I commented out the watch lines in my rtorrent.rc file, and autowatch now works. How long is the refresh time though, and is there a way to change how often it polls the dirs? I think I had the torrent in there for a good 30-45 seconds before it started ... not that I'm complaining or anything, but rtorrent itself was pretty much instant.

Thanks again for your help.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Hello,

Look at the conf.php file in autotools directory (.../rutorrent/plugins/autotools/conf.php). You have this line :
Code:
// set interval for schedule command in seconds
$autowatch_interval = 300;
You only need to set interval with a lower value in seconds (300 secs = 5 mins).

++

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
yah, rtorrent was probably set to 10 seconds.

I typically keep mine at 30 seconds but you can set it to whatever you want....