Bulk Torrent Zip Download and Upload from Zip Plugins

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi, here are two plugins I've developed that others may find useful.

The first is a modified version of Novik's source plugin. I've added a feature so that if you select multiple torrents, on the right click menu it gives the option to download multiple torrents.

It automatically adds the selected torrents into a zip file which is downloaded, instead of a single torrent (selecting a single torrent still just downloads a single torrent file).

The second plugin allows you to upload a zip file of torrents and add them. It adds the "Add Zip" option to the upload dialog and then searches through the Zip for torrent files and adds them all.

There may be limitations on your webserver affecting the number of torrents you can download or the size of the zip you can upload. For example on my own server it happily lets me download well over a hundred torrents in a zip, but on my seed box, the maximum seems to be 100.

Also, on my server, when I was trying to add a zip file over 2M it exceeded php's maximum file upload size, so I had to increase this in my php.ini.

Here is a github repository for the addzip plugin: https://github.com/dioltas/AddZip

Plugin tarballs are attached.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hey, thanks I hadn't noticed that.

Should be fixed now, just made it more specific when adding the torrent zip form.

Fixed version is attached.

jith45

May 25, 2018
Seems like it doesn't like selecting large amounts of torrents, doesn't download anything if I select over 50 torrents (or so).

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Yeah, I think it's just down to the webserver settings. The amount you can download / upload to vary with different servers. Although with the download it may just be that the request times out.