Filtering by label AND by tracklabel plugin

das329717

May 25, 2018
A couple of days ago I commented at the tracklabel plugin page about the possibility of filtering torrents by a label AND by a tracklabel at the same time. At first, sorry for posting that there, as later I realised that I was posting at the wrong place, and after a heads-up by wonslung, I find this forum.
My problem persists. I have rutorrent 2.8 running smoothly with most plugins, but I want to be able to filter torrents by a label and by a tracklabel simultaneously. Wonslung and other users pointed me that this is already possible and functional with the current state of the tracklabel plugin, but I was not able to see it working.
As the instructions I received, I tried selecting a tracklabel first (on the tracklabel pane) which works well filtering torrents from the selected tracker, then ordering the results by label column on the torrents pane, and then selecting a label on the labels pane. I also tried other combinations and order of selecting and/or ordering things, always with the same results: When I select a label, no matter what tracklabel is selected, it shows all torrents with that label, ignoring the tracklabel previously selected. I have the same set of labels (year-month) applied to all my torrents and trackers, and it would be extremely useful if I could filter torrents using both label and tracklabel.

somus1735

May 25, 2018
I think the issue you are having is this:

you don't click the LABEL option on the left side of the screen, you click it along the TOP of the screen.

make sure you REALLY look at my pictures. they have a big red arrow on the FAR RIGHT.

incase you didn't see it, heres another picture explaining it

das329717

May 25, 2018
Yes, I looked at your pictures, I understood your instructions, and I thank you once more for all your help.

But no, this is not what I needed, as it is not filtering by tracklabel AND label. In your screenshot, you are filtering by tracklabel only, and then ordering all that tracker filtered torrents by the label column.

The behaviour I believe would be extremely useful for me and other users is to be able to filter using both criteria: Lets use your own screenshot as example: You clicked on that '****.com (14)' tracklabel and now you have 14 torrents shown at list. I see 11 'TV' labeled ones, 1 labeled 'Movies' and 2 without label. At this point, it would be extremely useful to be able to click on, lets say, 'Movies' label, at the label list at the left pane, and then the webui would filter that criteria over the already filtered (by tracklabel) 14 ones, and end showing up only ONE torrent, the 'Zombieland.2009.....' one

jith45

May 25, 2018
i still donm't understand what you want. it doesn't make any sense to me....i'm sorry.

das329717

May 25, 2018
Thats all right. And please dont get me wrong, rutorrent already is the absolute best webui available, and I thank you all involved in the project for this.

jith45

May 25, 2018
hey bro, why don't you draw a picture or use photoshop to explain what you mean...i'm still confused =)

are you saying you want to show all trackers and labels in orde?

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
Nope,

What he wants to see is :

Only the one torrent that meets the following criteria :

* downloaded on tracker : ****.com (14
* Label = Movie

-----
Ofcourse when you sort on label it is sort of the same thing
But you still see all Labels , and a label like MOVIES will be in the midddle of your list , so a bit more difficult to spot

jith45

May 25, 2018
but what i don't understand is this:

If you select the tracker from the left hand side, then select LABELS it only shows the torrents under that tracker, then lists them in order by label.

Aren't we just splitting hairs here?

somus1735

May 25, 2018
but what i don't understand is this:

If you select the tracker from the left hand side, then select LABELS it only shows the torrents under that tracker, then lists them in order by label.

Aren't we just splitting hairs here?
yep we are , it is a lazy peole solution he is looking for

das329717

May 25, 2018
I recognize, I am lazy, but not that much in this case: I have a seedbox with almost 500 torrents running under rtorrent+rutorrent 2.8. It have now 10 different labels, and I use 5 different trackers on it. The labels are just year_month strings, and are of common use between all trackers.

From the 500 torrents, ~ 250 are from the tracker 1 (of the 5), and these 250 torrents (from tracker 1) are using 6 different labels (from those 10). So lets say I have around 40 torrents for each label, in this tracker 1 only.

So, if I click in that tracker 1 tracklabel, I see ~ 250 torrents. Yes, I can order them by the label column, and this will undoubtfuly help on finding a torrent. But if I could click on the tracker 1 tracklabel, and then click on the label, and then if BOTH criteria were used to filter, it would reduce the torrents shown from 250 to 40. I believe that even a non-lazy fellow would prefer to search only thru 40 torrents.

Anyway, its important to say that after I discovered and set the "Virtual Row Threshold" to 500, wonslung approach of using the column to order those 250 torrents became a functional solution for my situation. With the default value of 100, ordering by label column was almost useless for me, due to the jerking and jumping on the vertical scroll cursor, when more than 100 torrents were in display. Now the browser takes a whole minute to load everything, sometimes a javascript script timeout pops out (but is just a matter of clicking 'continue'), but it works well afterwards, and I can finally navigate thru those 250 torrents to find something.

Again, thank you all for all your help. Great community here at the forum, lots of activity and interest in helping each other

jith45

May 25, 2018
ahh, yes, if you had mentioned that i would have told you about virtual threshhold =)