how to edit the svn files

shwetha17

May 24, 2018
If you are like me, you like to check out everything with svn. If you are also like me, you use MOST of the plugins for rutorrent. This poses a problem.

You can either download rutorrent with svn then svn each plugin (this can be a pain)

or you can svn the entire plugins directory and remove the ones you don't want....this is what i've always done, but now i want to show you something cool. Lets say you want to get all the plugins EXCEPT rpc and darkpal (because lets face it, darkpal is butt-ugly)

this is what you would do:
Code:
svn co http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
this leaves you with a trunk/ directory with trunk/rutorrent and trunk/plugins now, if you delete the plugins you don't want, the plugins dir in rutorrent, you can move the plugins dir which has all the plugins into the rutorrent directory, this leaves you with a rutorrent which can be updated via svn....but it will always redownload the 2 plugins you do not want.....
Code:
cd trunk/
rm -r plugins/darkpal plugins/rpc rutorrent/plugins
mv plugins/ rutorrent/

so, how do we fix this?

if you look in your plugins/ dir, you will see a .svn dir (all the dir's will have this actually)
in this dir, there is a file called entires....so what you need to do is edit this file, and remove the following lines:
Code:
rpc
dir
^L
for the rpc plugins and
Code:
darkpal
dir
^Lfor the darkpal plugin

now, save the file....if you try to svn up, it should work....sometimes it will give an error, if it does, run
Code:
svn cleanup

now you will not download those plugins you doin't want.

the best part is, you can move the rutorrent dir to where ever you want and you can launch svn up from this dir, and it will update not only the rutorrent files but all the plugins you currently use.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Thank you very, very much! Work perfectly, saves me so much hassle in doing each plugin manually! Legend! cheesy.gif

Attachments

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
keep in mind it isn't permanent....i thought it might be but i've seen it "reset" sort of....from time to time..

I think it might be due to new plugins being added...not sure..