How to use rutorrent: RSS plugin

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
You're using a space. I've never used the RSS module, but if it's not removing dots or underscores, you should try something like this: *Conan*2011* and since you want the xvid release, *Conan*2011*XviD*

saroos1

May 25, 2018
also, on the rss plugin, filters need to be between tags

so instead of *Conan 2011*

/*Conan.*2001.*/i

and instead of your exclude, make it something like:
/(AC3|H264|x264|720p)/I

simur612

May 25, 2018
What is the difference between .* and *? My *nix experience tells me that *=any/no/all characters and .* is any 1 or more characters. What I've read here and elsewhere with torrent RSS is that .* is really more like the * I'm used to.

randac56

May 25, 2018
with regex * means 0 or more of the previous character and . means any character

so .* means any amount of characters. Think of it like this:

dork* will match

dork
dorkk
dorkkk

saroos1

May 25, 2018
no.

Look at what you just asked.

.*Castle* literally translates into:

. (any character) * (0 or one times) Castl e (0 or 1 times)

so it would match

woot wootCastle
woot wootCastee
woot wootCasteeee
woot wootCastleeeee

what you want is:

/Castle.*/i

or better yet:

/^Castle.*/i

simur612

May 25, 2018
I have added this
/Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01E[24-30].*/i
but it didn't download Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01E25.PDTV.XVID-WPi ?
Did I do something wrong?

randac56

May 25, 2018
yah, that's because the numbering doesn't work that way.

I suggest using a tool to check your regex, that regex wouldn't work the way you expected it to.

For now just make it

/Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01E.*/i

until you learn how to do the numbering correctly

peshua19

May 25, 2018
Hi, I just started using rutorrent and RRS. I wanted to ask if this will work for the series I want to first try it on.

MythBusters S09E07 Spy Car 2 720p HDTV x264-DHD

/^mythbusters.*s[0-9][0-9]e[0-9][0-9].*(720p|x264).*/i with this it also shouldn't load any complete seasons at least nothing that is missing s05e04 for example or any other random season/episode.

but how would I make it ignore anything before S09E8?
Would I need to add an exclude?:

/(s0[0-9]e0[0-7])|(s0[0-8]e[0-9][0-9])/i so it excludes anything before S09E8.

Is all this correct?

I understand that this is still going to prevent only anything before that particular episode, and I might still get some old episode (lets say in about a month I could get episode s09e08 which is the next one, if someone puts it on) but I guess there's nothing we can really do to prevent the same season getting downloaded again.

Also

I have an Etrayz that's runing rutorrent and wan't to add autostart to RSS if it restarts. I have to add something to my .rtorrent.rc:

I tried the second line below first and I had to reinstall rutorrent, it didn't load correctly. I did try the first one right after the second one also, but don't know if it had any effect due to it already being bugged.

execute = {sh,-c,/etc/php/cli-php5 /home/sysadmin/WWW/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php &}

execute = {sh,-c,/etc/php /home/sysadmin/WWW/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php &}

simur612

May 25, 2018
How to set up auto download all category like Games/PC?

Seedbox is Xirvik semidedicated, tracker is SCC.

TNX!

peshua19

May 25, 2018
if this is a seedbox provider's server you'd need to get the provider to do this, or have root access. This would be something you would need to take up with xirvik.

lisas4567

May 25, 2018
Today Xirvik send me new Tornado seedbox (old one was 4XL-Storage) and on new box I have IRSSI but how to use it?

I don't have root because it's semidedicated box (yes, I have root access on Seedplace and on seedbox4u with semidedicated box but on Xirvik i don't have it).

Can I use that IRSSI and how....if I can't use auto RSS on ruTorrent?
I don't understand why I have RSS if I can't use if for auto download?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
you can use it for auto-download but different seedbox providers do things differently

If you have a seedbox with xirvik then ASK HIM. This forum is primarily for support when you have your own server that you have root access for. There are certain things you just can't set without root access. you need to direct your support questions to your providers, or you need to get a dedicated server with root access.

simur612

May 25, 2018
Hi. I'm trying to set up rules for the RSS plug-in. Tried all combinations, but to achieve the desired effect is not possible.

The problem is in downloading from this link
http://feed.rutracker.org/atom/f/507.atom
torrent with the title
Теория Большого взрыва / The Big Bang Theory / Сезон: 5 / Серии: 1-5 (24) (Марк Сендровски) [2011, Комедия, WEB-DL 720p] Sub / Кураж Бамбей

example following links compiled by me
Code:
/*The\.Big\.Bang\.Theory.*2011.*WEB-DL.*720p.*/iIn principle, I can get a year to determine the season without using a Cyrillic phrase, but it is more preferable as a filter.

Nedeyus you help me solve this problem.

randac56

May 25, 2018
Can't understand, what do you really want. Your filter is incorrect, because sequence '\.' means '.', e.q. dot, sequence '*' means 'zero or more repeat of previous', you cant use '*' at the start of filter, etc. Must be something like

/The Big Bang Theory \/ Сезон: (5|6) \/ Серии: .*\[2011.*WEB-DL.*720p/i

or

`The Big Bang Theory / Сезон: (5|6) / Серии: .*\[2011.*WEB-DL.*720p`i

This will catch 5 and 6 season of this movie.

peshua19

May 25, 2018
I already have a filter set whereby all new torrents are downloaded ---> /.*/i

But I want to set another filter (probably an "exclude" filter) whereby I don't want to be downloading torrents bigger than 15GB

How do I do that?

P.S. Do you know where I could find a good tutorial on RSS Filters?

saroos1

May 25, 2018
I am having a problem getting my filters to work and auto downloading stuff below is a filter I have set for dvdrip movies but for some reason it won't work, what i am trying to achieve is to set up a filter that only downloads movies with dvdrip and 2011 in the title and exclude anything else is is how i have it set so far and any help is very much appreciated, thanks.

for filter i have the following
/*DVDRip*.*/i

for exclude i have the following
/(cam|CAM|ts|TS|*.iso)/i