New theme

das329717

May 25, 2018
Hi! I was tired of the GUI that came along with rutorrent, and the themes that came with it wasn't exactly eyecandy. After a while I browsed for some uTorrent themes that I could "port" over, and at the end I managed to do it. So most kudos to fractalnoise at uTorrent forums to his Cobalt theme (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=47506). And I used the Blue rutorrent theme since it was already blue, kudos to whoever made that as well! I've also used some code from the Oblivion theme, credits to that too.

I made the missing icons myself. I have no idea what I am doing in CSS, had to copy n paste stuff from another rutorrent theme to get it working without modifying the rutorrent core files.

So far it looks like this:

Edit: New screenshot. Soon finished with the missing icons. I'll put up a zip for testing as soon as Piccirello has taken a look at the chat bug I ran into.

das329717

May 25, 2018
I'd be happy to take a look at the glitch in the chat plugin. I'm no CSS aficionado, but I usually manage to pull through wink.gif

jith45

May 25, 2018
Thanks smiley.gif I tried to make this as blue as it can be, but I'm wondering if I should leave the torrent state icons with their color as-is. Should they be blue as well, or do I let them have the color they usually have?

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Looks really nice!
Congratulations!!!
Will you consider making a dark one, too?
I mean one exactly like this is now, but with black or dark grey instead of white background? ??
I believe it should be relatively easy for you, since you are on the process, now..
I suppose that only the background and the text color would be the only ones which need to change
Ok, perhaps the icon border, too... tongue.gif
But I guess you already have the psd files for the current theme... rolleyes.gif

das329717

May 25, 2018
Changed the colors of the status icon to be more like the other themes smiley.gif
I'm brutforcing my way in the css files of different themes to find out how to set all the different colors :p almost done.
Would the grey colors of photoshop cs6 do fine? Looks like this http://dpnow.com/images2/8612/pscs6a.jpg .
I think I would make the buttons a bit lighter tho, and change the white in the icons to something greyish.

dsouvik215

May 25, 2018
Oblivion is the theme I am currently using... grin.gif
I will test your theme and report any possible issues!
Thanks a lot for your effort!

EDIT: OK, installed it.. Looks really fine! If I see any glitches in the future I will let you know!

jith45

May 25, 2018
Hi! I was tired of the GUI that came along with rutorrent, and the themes that came with it wasn't exactly eyecandy. After a while I browsed for some uTorrent themes that I could "port" over, and at the end I managed to do it. So most kudos to fractalnoise at uTorrent forums to his Cobalt theme (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=47506). And I used the Blue rutorrent theme since it was already blue, kudos to whoever made that as well! I've also used some code from the Oblivion theme, credits to that too.

I made the missing icons myself. I have no idea what I am doing in CSS, had to copy n paste stuff from another rutorrent theme to get it working without modifying the rutorrent core files.

So far it looks like this:

Edit: New screenshot. Soon finished with the missing icons. I'll put up a zip for testing as soon as Piccirello has taken a look at the chat bug I ran into.
OP as last post mentioned, any chance of getting the White+Blue version uploaded as well?

somus1735

May 25, 2018
Yeah, I got a bit lazy... Agian with CSS, I don't know shit about it except I hit F12 in Chrome, click at whatever I want to change, compare it to the theme .css files :p
Ended up editing the images of the Oblivion theme (hope I don't brake any rules reusing others work and all).
This is the blue incons + Oblivion theme and a dash of blue. Did I mention it had some blue colors? It's a bit blue.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/p7hvo0

Discovered there was still a few missing icons, but the theme doesn't actually use all the files in the images folder.. I'll try fix it later.

I'll finish up white'n'blue one when I learn a bit CSS from the Oblivion theme, and combine a bit of that with the Blue theme.

Feedback appreciated
smiley.gif